Sign in to follow this  
bc91

2 QB league

Does anyone know of a site where I can practice mock drafting with a 2QB starting lineup requirement?

If not can someone point me in the right direction on some strategy? First time my league is going to 2QB format

I honestly don't think there is a site with 2 qb mocks. I have been in a 2 Qb league for almost 15 years. I hate it, and try to lobby to change it every season but this is the only league most of these people know. One of the reasons I don't like it is because I do a ton of research and mocks during the offseason and it's pretty irrelevant when compared to a 2 qb league. QB's fly off the board. I have tried most strategies: I have taken 2 qbs early. I have taken them late and stocked up on rbs. The best strategy I have come up with is to make sure you get at least one stud qb, but this will have to be done by round 3. After round 3 you'll be starting the Jay Cutler's of the world for your qb1. If you don't have at least one stud qb you are going to be trying to play catch up all season long. And qb's aren't very easy to find on the ww when every team must start 2 and have a backup. There's virtually nothing on the ww, so you better be sure of the guys you drafted.

Other positions end up getting pushed down the board too due to qb runs, so don't freak out if you don't have a rb2 by round 3. There should be some good value on rb's and wr's later in a draft then you would typically see on a normal mock draft. Quarterbacks just have a large advantage over any other position, and this is another reason I am not in favor of these leagues, but just remember they will have tremendous trade value too when injuries occur so try to stake out a solid backup qb as well.

These are relatively unique leagues that require a bit more strategy than most leagues, so good luck and hope you enjoy.

I've played in a 2 QB league for close to 15 years as well. Get a good one early. In a two QB league Brees and Roger can easily go #1 over all. Make every attempt to get one stud QB early. You can pick up your 2nd QB at almost any time just fallow the flow of the draft.

Most leagues I play in are 2 QB leagues. Yes, if you have a chance to get one of the studs(Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Brady and maybe even Ryan), you should get him. After that you can sort of play it by ear. Its going to depend on if you want to load up on QBs by getting a Romo, Stafford, Luck or even an RGII next if they are available, or load up your WRs and RBs and then get middle tier guys like Palmer, Bradford,Cutler and Vick later on.

I have played in 2 qb for ten years and last year in 3 dif leagues; I will never play 1 qb again. I, like you, have searched for a mock to no avail. Like the other replies, yes the strategy is unique. I agree that one qb within first three rds is wise but best available player for first five rds is essential and not unlike any league you must be on top of waiver wire as carrying three qbs and having one get hurt is likely.

Thanks for the advise guys....With all these 2Qb leagues you think someone would make a mock draft lobby on one of the big sites(yahoo, espn, ffcalculator)

yes 2 qbs leagues is the way to go ..get the stud very early then wait fill in them rb and wr then get number two..

Thank you for this. This site is excellent. Being able to customize your league rules is huge, and the fact I can do a mock in 5 minutes makes this a valuable tool. The difference in a 2 qb mock compared to a standard 1 qb league is staggering. This will definitely help in preparation for my draft.

get your 1st qb early. unless you have a shot at a top 3 rb id grab brees rodgers or peyton then go 2 rbs