Sign in to follow this  
The Muffin Man

Which Team Would You Like Better (Auction)

Hello everyone. First time, long time.

I had an awful season last year but was able to capitalize on our league's format to land some excellent keepers (Martin, Spiller, Green). Our draft is next week but I've been toying with the following lineup possibilties...

14 Team Standard League (6 pts for passing TDs)

$200 Budget

*Also of importance, we have a rookie draft where you get a player for a certain price (already determined). I have the third pick in this draft (I think I will get either Bell $10, Austin $7, or Lacy $13)

TEAM A (3 stud RBs - auction values are my personal projections)

QB - Romo $10

RB - Martin $11

RB - Spiller $7

WR - Green $18

WR - Nicks $20

TE - Witten $15

FLEX - Mccoy $90

K - $1

DST - $1

BENCH - Bell/Austin/Lacy $10/$7/$13

6 OTHER BENCH

TEAM B (Rodgers)

QB - Rodgers $70

RB - Martin $11

RB - Spiller $7

WR - Green $18

WR - Fitzgerald $40

TE - Witten $15

FLEX - Bell/Austin/Lacy $10/$7/$13

K - $1

DST - $1

7 BENCH

TEAM C (Megatron)

QB - Ryan $45

RB - Martin $11

RB - Spiller $7

WR - Green $18

WR - Johnson $65

TE - Witten $15

FLEX - Bell/Austin $10/$7/$13

K- $1

DST - $1

7 BENCH

I don't think you'd go wrong with any of these options. For me, it would come down between B and C. Basically, you'll have to decide if you think Rodgers/Fitzgerald will score more than Ryan/C. Johnson. I think I'd go with Team C.

Team A is interesting. I think you can get McCoy for a lot less than $90 and use the saved money for a better QB and WR2. That could be a great option.

I don't think you'd go wrong with any of these options. For me, it would come down between B and C. Basically, you'll have to decide if you think Rodgers/Fitzgerald will score more than Ryan/C. Johnson. I think I'd go with Team C.

Team A is interesting. I think you can get McCoy for a lot less than $90 and use the saved money for a better QB and WR2. That could be a great option.

As weird as it sounds, I think McCoy may be underpriced in my projections but I think 90 would be as high as I'm willing to go. As mentioned earlier it's a 14-teamer and there are some teams that likely will have no running backs going into the draft and they will go all-in to get either: Rice, Mccoy, SJax, and CJ0K (these are the top running backs going up for auction).

On the flip-side, I think this also means my projections for Calvin and Rodgers may be a little high so hopefully I can scoop them up for cheaper and add quality depth and/or improve other starting positions.

Thanks for the feedback.

McCoy is VERY overpriced. I wouldnt go any higher than $70 on any player. Even when Im spending $50s Im a little hesitant. But I think you can get him for cheaper than $90. Romo will be a solid QB but you might be able to score someone else who is slightly better with the leftover money you are projecting from McCoy. Also, I would get Lacy instead of Austin or Ball. Those two will be busts this year. Austin mainly from poor QB and Ball from RBBC. Lacy has already looked good in preseason and on such a potent offense opposing defenses wont be able to stack the box leaving plenty of running room.

Please see mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=421161

I've never done an auction draft, but I like the looks of B or C better than A. Plus, it gives you a tiny bit more for slightly better bench players, if that makes any difference. Honestly, I think I would go C. Detroit still hasn't had any other receiver step up to compliment Calvin, and Broyles/Burleson are both coming off of major leg injuries. You would think that hinders him, but he'll catch it the same being triple covered as being single covered...he already has proven that. Having those two RB, and arguably the top 2 WR, with a not-so-incompetent QB in Ryan, you should be winning left and right.

Thanks for mine!

Thanks everyone!

I was leaning toward B before this thread but I kinda like the idea of going to battle with Martin, Spiller, Megatron, and Green.

I think I'm gonna make a play for Calvin (he helped me win a championship in 2011) so there's some good karma w/ him as well. You can't get a lineup like that in a 10-team league and I'll be sending it out in a 14-teamer!

Good luck everyone! :cheers: