Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Mike and Mike are like the Bobs of Office Space?

I'm doing it. I'm going to break down and get the draft buddy this year.

When is the next up date? Mike? Mike?

I wish I was smart enough to create my own. ^_^

:thumbsup:

Update schedule is here. Every Thursday morning, with unscheduled updates for any significant breaking news.

Perfect.

We're drafting on Saturday. If I get it tonight, will it automatically update on Thursday?

Am I wearing enough flare? :banana:

If you download tonight you need to hit a button to update. Pretty easy, straight forward. If you wait to download until Thursday morning (assuming all goes well with the update), then you will have the latest projections at that time. No reason not to go with the first option and start inputting your settings/scoring, and then update projections when they are ready.

I'm going to download it first thing in the morning and do the update on Thursday.

This may be the first time I've gone into a draft without a magazine. :unsure:

Once I import this, I create the teams in the league (we have four keepers) and at the draft I can just import the players taken so I know who is still available? Is there a "best available player" option...like a suggested pick option? If so, that would be really awesome.

Is your league run on myfantasyleague.com or somewhere else?

Okay. So we can't import the draft results from NFL.com as your draft is going on. To track the draft in Draft Buddy you need to input the picks. Which, is pretty easy. You need to select the player on any of the cheatsheets and hit the Draft Player button. You just need to do it for every pick to keep up is the only thing. If this is a live in-person draft then you would normally track it anyway on paper, so you'll find this much easier.

Going back to your prior post, there isn't an explicit "best pick" option, but there is an overall rankings cheatsheet, positional ranking cheatsheets and other tabs that update which will guide you to make the best choice for your team. I don't really advocate systems that say "you should pick this guy right here, right now" because I don't feel those algorithms can account for all possible scenarios and circumstances to give a true "best pick" that is better than the human brain can decide with all the info to help that decision, as provided by Draft Buddy.

Its a face to face draft. Added the taken players isn't a problem. Ill keep you posted on my dominance of this league after I use Draft Buddy. The clowns I play with usually have outdated magazines. We've been doing this league since 1988. I need a technological advantage.

Keepers:

What is the easiest way to import them? I just did the first four rounds of the draft as our keepers. There must be an easier way.

Also...what if I fock up and add a player to the wrong team but don't notice it for a few picks or even a round?

On the "rules" tab, input max number of keepers for your league, then hit the "Compile Cheatsheets," button on the "action" tab. The "keepers" tab will then be created and appear in-between the "action" and "summary" tabs.

Go to the "draft report" tab to edit a pick.

I didn't get this until after I started the draft. Oh well. I'll figure out that piece for next year.

thoughts on draft buddy:

We had a few trades in the middle of our draft, I had no idea what to do. Also, a few players were picked that didn't exist in the draft buddy so I had to improvise.

Yes, someone took Percy Harvin in the first round of the keeper draft :doh:

What players weren't in Draft Buddy? I would guess probably there, but maybe a little harder to find. Of course with Harvin taken that early maybe there were some "who???" picks.

What players weren't in Draft Buddy? I would guess probably there, but maybe a little harder to find. Of course with Harvin taken that early maybe there were some "who???" picks.

Devin Hester was another on that comes to mind.

I will say this, I'm sold on the Draft Buddy after today. I won't buy another magazine, ever. I felt heads and shoulders above everyone else with the updates. People were using very outdated mags.