Sign in to follow this  
bkbergen

CBS Sportsline Scoring Question

I got hit with a -2 for Welkers fumble on ST but we dont score points for individuals on ST or Def. I've read on another board that CBS added the ST to the scoring for fumbles lost and didn't tell anyone.

I got dinged with a -2 also on welker. im hoping they fix that as it hasnt been that way in seasons past. it was jsut a -2 for Defense not the player

I thought a muffed punt wasn't considered a fumble, as the player never actually had "possession". But, I see NFL.com lists Welker with 1 fumble....unless he had another fumble. :unsure:

I'm too lazy to research further.

CBS currently has it wrong in my league. Their scoring especially dust isn't official till tues. this is the first week I anticipate they get it fixed as the fumble should go against the Denver dst (as it did in fox) not welker since he was on the field as part of dst at the time of the play. So just sit tight and see what happens in the coming days. In the meantime check your league rules and see where a fumble lost is listed in our league it is -1 for both off players and dst so in this case it goes against the dst.

CBS currently has it wrong in my league. Their scoring especially dust isn't official till tues. this is the first week I anticipate they get it fixed as the fumble should go against the Denver dst (as it did in fox) not welker since he was on the field as part of dst at the time of the play. So just sit tight and see what happens in the coming days. In the meantime check your league rules and see where a fumble lost is listed in our league it is -1 for both off players and dst so in this case it goes against the dst.

well... it is tues and CBS still has it wrong for me.... very frustrating when my free fox league has it correct.... everyone else with CBS still in the same boat I assume? fumble listed on welker not den DST

UPDATE so sportsline says the below in their FAQ. Interesting that FOX was able to get it correct the first time... How is everyone else scoring this? -1 to Welker or -1 to Denver DST ?

Why was my offensive player penalized for a fumble that occured on Special Teams?

The NFL does not differentiate fumbles between offense and special teams. The official stat sheet only shows that the player fumbled the ball. If a player fumbles, it will be counted against them whether they are on offense or special teams. The only way to correct this is to make manual adjustments to your league's scoring by going to the Live Scoring page and clicking the Adjust Scoring link at the bottom of the page.

UPDATE so sportsline says the below in their FAQ. Interesting that FOX was able to get it correct the first time... How is everyone else scoring this? -1 to Welker or -1 to Denver DST ?

Why was my offensive player penalized for a fumble that occured on Special Teams?

The NFL does not differentiate fumbles between offense and special teams. The official stat sheet only shows that the player fumbled the ball. If a player fumbles, it will be counted against them whether they are on offense or special teams. The only way to correct this is to make manual adjustments to your league's scoring by going to the Live Scoring page and clicking the Adjust Scoring link at the bottom of the page.

As said above... a muffed punt is not a fumble... never has been a fumble... and never will be a fumble. Hell... there is an argument to be made that it's not even a "turnover"... how do they explain that?