Sign in to follow this  
Dembski84

Eddie Lacy Value Going Forward?

A guy in my league dropped Eddie Lacy, and I currently have Le'Veon Bell sitting on my IR. Should I drop Bell and go after Lacy, or do you see Lacy's value going down after his return in week 5?

I think it'll be a RBBC slightly in Lacy's favor if Starks continues to play well. They are obviously going to want to get their rookie some decent playing time.

So would you hold onto Bell then? Cause the offense seeems like a mess in Pittsburgh and it may have a real impact on his fantasy production when he starts to play week 6, even if he will be the starting RB

Of course pick up Lacy. The guy who dropped him is insane, unless you guys play in a non-traditional scoring or a small league.

It's a 12 team, PPR league. I was just as surprised as you are that he dropped him. But he has had a ton of injuries at RB and he's 0-2, so I think the panic set in

Easy pick for lacy over bell... I'd take lacy in an RBBC over Bell getting 80% of the carries in Pittsburgh... that o-line looks awful with pounce out, and their offense is stagnant... They simply cannot live on short passes like they are trying too... they will have to completely reinvent themselves to have success this year...

I think the GB coaches will look for excuses to give lacy the ball... they already know what they have in starks... so starks will be able to prove himself, but I see him on a very short leash..

My thought is that once Bell is playing, maybe he'll be getting alot of short passes out of the backfield to get him some running room since the O-line is so awful. Being in a PPR league, those receptions could be huge

i think reality will set in with starks this week and all the people that claimed him and plug him in will get what they got last year and the year before a flash in the pan.... he got all those yards against a defense that stinks they gave up 250+ yards to eagles...... Lacy is the back to own on this team and not sure how much starks will see the field after he is cleared...just mo

i think reality will set in with starks this week and all the people that claimed him and plug him in will get what they got last year and the year before a flash in the pan.... he got all those yards against a defense that stinks they gave up 250+ yards to eagles...... Lacy is the back to own on this team and not sure how much starks will see the field after he is cleared...just mo

Starks was hurt last season so maybe..just maybe the injury was affecting him in some ways...

They've been saying it all preseason, Starks was having the best camp evah! The dude proved it last week.

So would you hold onto Bell then? Cause the offense seeems like a mess in Pittsburgh and it may have a real impact on his fantasy production when he starts to play week 6, even if he will be the starting RB

Pittsburgh is awful and not going to get better anytime soon. Haley and Ben are already at each other's throats according to some reports. The O-line is awful, he has really bad targets, and the defense is aging. Even if they hit some kind of stride, they won't be a high scoring team.

Starks has found a way to play himself out of the rotation more than once, whether injury, fumbles, misses in protection. While it may end up being a RBBC when Lacy returns, I'd think he would still get GL work and eventually surpass Starks in the rotation. And to get him for nothing (which is what Bell is right now)? I'd dump Bell and make that move as fast as I could.

Well the waiver wire went through, and I was able to drop Bell for Lacy....best part is once Bell is designated OUT this week, I can pick him back up and place him back on my IR