Sign in to follow this  
Serpent

I will always use an early pick on a QB from now on

Never taken a QB early in my league. 4th year, and I have 2 finals appearances and 1 championship. Always had success taking a QB late while building depth at other positions. Almost always can leverage a trade with a team that has more than 1 solid QB later on.

This year (so far) has been unlike any other year, though, regarding QBs.

I will be honest I don't always use the BPA approach. But I seen some blunders in my draft this year. Even though I'm 2-2 and in three of the four weeks, I have scored 103 or more. Cobb was on a bye this week and neither of my receivers got 100 yards or a TD. I trusted too much in MJD and the week I bench him he does well. MJD actually plays better on the road(not Oakland as that is another awful place to play). The Seattle game was telling. And the jags are gonna get a lot of garbage opportunities this year. I hope MJD gets traded though. Its just I also let the 150 points that I became a victim of happen in the draft. My ff friend was really wanting Welker, so I passed on him for him and took Wallace. Dumb move, as the Manning owner right behind me took him. In the first round, I had the chance to get Peterson but took Lynch instead(I thought Lynch's team was better and he was the safer option). The guy who picked first predrafted for McCoy and so far its not a bad pick. In third round, Graham was staring at me, and I debated on him, Brady, and MJD. I took MJD. That was my big mistake there and the fifth round.

Rd 1-Lynch(over AP)

Rd 2-Cobb(it's 12 team league)

Rd 3-MJD(over Graham, Brady, and even Cruz)

Rd 4-Luck(over Gronk)--funny the guy dropped Gronk the day before the season started and I was in a bad spot on waivers

Rd 5-Wallace(over Welker)

Rd 8-Cameron was taken right before I got to pick. I had to get Gresham 9th and Miller and eventually cut them both when I rolled the dice on Thomas. Its worked out so far, but didnt score this past week and hasnt had the game he had week 1. Still Cameron would have been better or Graham.

So I made mistakes that allowed that team to happen.

If I had Graham and Welker last week I would have won my matchup, I would have won week 2 as well, and week 1. This week, I would have scored about 22 more points or more(assuming Graham gets 10 at least) which would have taken my total to 125. Also, I benched Mathews for Bell. So I could have put Gordon in the flex who scored 5 more points than MJD and that would have been 130. He would have lost 19 of Welker's points but would have had someone to make up some of that so he still would have been in the 140s. He had a fluke stud though Jennings broke out for two TDs. So Jennings made his team look like a 150 pointer as well as Fred Jackson who was in the rb 2 spot(the other Jackson was hurt).

It would have also been better had I drafted before preseason started. But last year we saw preseason players get hurt and thats why I waited late to do the draft.

All I know is it sucks having a 40 pt lead and watch brees wack away at it all night as they never run

I will do all I can to draft the top 3 qbs next year even when stud rbs go off its only like 25 pts

I am 4-0 in my PPR both 6 point passing and rushing td league with luck as my qb and I went RB, RB, RB Forte, McCoy and R.Bush.

Same league the Peyton owner is 2-2.

The guy who drafted Brees in my 6 point per td league just won his first game of the year. My two best teams are both 4-1 with Wilson and Rg3/Luck as my qbs. One of those leagues I have the most points for.

The best teams didnt take Peyton in the first or second round.

3-1 in both of my leagues. Have Brees in both. Only week I lost was week 2, when he had a subpar performance.

When you take him in the second, your team will depend heavily on how he does. If he kills, you win 9/10. If he has a bad one, you're gonna lose.

That being said, I'll live with it! Great peace of mind. Bye week is coming up though. I have Brees and Graham in one league, which probably means an L is coming my way in week 7. :(

The guy who drafted Brees in my 6 point per td league just won his first game of the year. My two best teams are both 4-1 with Wilson and Rg3/Luck as my qbs. One of those leagues I have the most points for.

The best teams didnt take Peyton in the first or second round.

If you got Peyton in the third and made solid picks in rounds 1 and 2, you are gold.