Sign in to follow this  
ffff

Who to start? (Will Help in Return)

This is my first time playing Fantasy (12 team PPR), didn't draft fantastically, my team is 1-4 and trying to salvage my season. Every week I try to make an informed decision on who to start but inevitably I get burned by the guy I leave on my bench or the guy I thought about picking up but didn't. I already don't trust my gut and it's not helping that ESPN's projections seem generated by some insane computer algorithm with no basis in reality.

Can anyone please give me some advice? (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST, 1 K)

QBs: Matthew Stafford, Terrelle Pryor

RBs: Trent Richardson, Alfred Morris, Fred Jackson

WRs: Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Denarius Moore

TEs: Jordan Cameron, Greg Olsen

Flex: ???????????

D/ST: Cincinnati Bengals, NO Saints

K: Blair Walsh

The ones in bold are the ones I'm thinking about starting, but still don't know who to use in the flex spot. Right now I'm leaning towards Olsen but he's questionable.

Will help in return. Thanks

Hard to bench stafford but Pryor may have a better week especially if megaton sits. I would definitely start t rich, and would consider Moore over Jackson as the flex since Jackson is is a timeshare and it's a PPR.

Your picks look good. Hopefully Calvin will play this weekend for Stafford's sake. I'm new to fantasy as well, and really don't know too much about what I'm doing! I'm having good success so far (1st in my total points league, 4-1 in H2H), and what I have been doing to prepare is checking out Twitter and blogs for advice on start/sit, waiver wire, etc. One of my favorites I have found is scoutPRO (Twitter handle is @CSAscoutPRO). They also send out weekly newsletters on Thursdays w/ start/sit picks and links to articles/blog posts. Hope this helps and good luck this weekend!

And I agree about the ESPN projections. They don't seem to be all that good.

I like who you have but I may take a risk on Olsen at Flex. T-Rich is avg less than 3 yards per and SD, while terrible against the pass, is solid against the run giving up only 86 rushing yards per game. He will get a bunch of carries, but I think this game will be a shootout thru the air. Also... Vikes are terrible vs TE's.

Stick with Stafford... if Tron is out then I still think it is a coin flip with Pryor vs that KC defense.

Would be interested to see what you think about my dilemma:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=425562

Sounds like you are getting good advice... every time I see a team that has Fred Jackson on it I can help but wonder... if you should talk to the frustrated Spiller owner and get him on the cheap. At some point there will be a change of the guard and its all Spiller. Not a bad team you have there for a newby

I only started Fred Jackson last week for the first time and was rewarded for it (of course my opponent had Pierre Thomas who had a 30 point week to Jackson's 25), he's just been so consistent there and I'm not even sure that if Spiller was 100% healthy that they'd take the ball completely out of Jackson's hands at this point.

Trent Richardson, I have no idea what is up with him. It seems like he should be a quality back if he got 3.5 YPC for the Browns when everybody else is getting 3 or less, but I have no idea why he hasn't done better in Indy. It's one thing to only have 3 YPC against SF or Seattle, but 20 carries against Jacksonville for 60 yards makes little sense to me. And Donald Brown had a 3 yard TD run last week. Maybe that's a fluke but maybe not since Brown is averaging 6+ YPC over four games. Bradshaw was getting 4+ before he went down. How much of this is learning the offense and how much is maybe RIchardson isn't actually that good?

It's bizarre, on paper the obvious choice is to bench Jackson going up against Cincinnati with a 3rd string QB but I just don't know. I could play all three, but I do like Olsen's matchup for Flex this week, and I feel like I have to start Cameron at TE even with last week's subpar game due to them running a lot when Hoyer went down. Weeden threw to him before, I feel like he will again.