Sign in to follow this  
p.man

Gordon and Cameron owners...

I think the time to bench them is now...Now is the time to trade them or put them on your bench...

Up next are the Packers on the road...Yes, GB gives up yardage to receivers, but not against Weeden..Then its a trip out to KC..Forget about it! Then a home game against the Ravens..Not a chance.. Their bye week after that and then at the Bengals and home vs Pitt..I think the end has come and its time to trade or bench Gordon and Cameron. I feel it coming. Weeden is one crappy Qb and I think it is time to start other players over them starting this week. After all of that they get a weaker Jax team, but then the Pats,Bears and Jets. No way...Good Luck!

That is just my opinion.

seems weeden can still get the ball to gordon. i think you can count on 4+ catches and 70+ yards per game out of him with a decent chance at a long touchdown. sit him only if you have 3 better options than that at WR.

seems weeden can still get the ball to gordon. i think you can count on 4+ catches and 70+ yards per game out of him with a decent chance at a long touchdown. sit him only if you have 3 better options than that at WR.

I was just checking my waiver wire and Alshon Jeffery is available and I think he will be a better start going forward. Keenan Allen is also available. I am seriously thinking of them over Gordon moving forward. My 2 best starters are D.Thomas and R.Wayne. I also have T.Williams who I think may be a better start too.

If Hoyer was still the starter, I wouldn't even mention it, but I still would think their numbers would be down a little..With Weeden at qb, Good Lord...I see them as ok but not fantasy studs in any way with Weeden.

As the 12th man is important in football...garbage time is fantasy football gold.. start them!

Holy panic thread.

Packers give up the 4th most points to TEs, and 7th most to WRs. KC is going to be a tough no doubt, but any team will have the same issue. The Ravens give up the 10th most to TEs and 9th most to WRs

Weeden has been more than serviceable, and has produced games for Gordon and Cameron in the elite tiers. He might not produce like Hoyer, but there's no reason to overreact like this.

I wish people wouldn't start baseless threads just to be a debbie downer and cause panic.

No downer here...I may keep Gordon but Cameron is getting dumped for H.Miller who has a much easier schedule.

Plus, Miller has a much better Qb and Ben loves to throw to him. My other Te is Gates who just had a down game. But that was only due to the Chargers playing keep away by running the ball down Indy's throat and using the clock.

Have you read the 'rest of the way' rankings on this site? Cameron is ranked #2. Foolish move to dump him for H Miller.

Gordon gets a ton of targets, Weeden sucks but has a strong arm, and there's a good chance they'll be playing from behind in allot of those games. Gordon is an excellent WR going forward.

I was just checking my waiver wire and Alshon Jeffery is available and I think he will be a better start going forward. Keenan Allen is also available. I am seriously thinking of them over Gordon moving forward. My 2 best starters are D.Thomas and R.Wayne. I also have T.Williams who I think may be a better start too.

If Hoyer was still the starter, I wouldn't even mention it, but I still would think their numbers would be down a little..With Weeden at qb, Good Lord...I see them as ok but not fantasy studs in any way with Weeden.

I have Gordon, Cameron, and Wayne also. I have no problem trotting Gordon out there even with Weeden at QB. I feel more comfortable about starting him each week than I do about Wayne, as the Colts have become a predominantly conservative, run first offense. I don't feel Gordon has lost as much value as Cameron, who is clearly not getting targeted as often as he was with Hoyer in there.

I have Gordon, Cameron, and Wayne also. I have no problem trotting Gordon out there even with Weeden at QB. I feel more comfortable about starting him each week than I do about Wayne, as the Colts have become a predominantly conservative, run first offense. I don't feel Gordon has lost as much value as Cameron, who is clearly not getting targeted as often as he was with Hoyer in there.

Yes, Cameron has not been all that involved. He was thrown to in the end zone, but it was way over his head. I will keep Gordon, but Cam is a goner. #2 rank going forward means nothing...Look at #1 going forward. How did J.Graham look this week?

Here is what NFL.COM says.

Miller caught six passes on seven targets for 84 yards in the Steelers' 19-6 win against the Jets on Sunday.

Analysis: It would appear that Miller is once again an integral part of Pittsburgh's passing game. He is in line for a big game against a Baltimore defense that has struggled against opposing tight ends in Week 7.

I am not going by what they say, but if you do take notice, and know anything about Pitt, Ben loves his Te and Miller is healthy again. I like their schedule better too.

Yes, Cameron has not been all that involved. He was thrown to in the end zone, but it was way over his head. I will keep Gordon, but Cam is a goner. #2 rank going forward means nothing...Look at #1 going forward. How did J.Graham look this week?

Yes, I agree with you. I think Cameron is on the decline, but just because of how he's currently being used... not talent. Fortunately, in our league someone dropped Finley the week after he got the concussion, so I scooped him up weeks ago as a backup for Cameron. Now with the injuries to Cobb and Jones, I might be starting Finley from here on out. But I will continue to start Gordon. You would have to have some serious options to consider benching him, in my opinion. I would not sleep at night knowing he went off while on my bench.

Yes, I agree with you. I think Cameron is on the decline, but just because of how he's currently being used... not talent. Fortunately, in our league someone dropped Finley the week after he got the concussion, so I scooped him up weeks ago as a backup for Cameron. Now with the injuries to Cobb and Jones, I might be starting Finley from here on out. But I will continue to start Gordon. You would have to have some serious options to consider benching him, in my opinion. I would not sleep at night knowing he went off while on my bench.

I agree about the talent. He has that. I just do not like his Qb or their schedule. When I consider the Qb I like Ben way better. I also know that Ben loves to throw to Heath too. Gordon is going to stay on my team and start with D.Thomas...My 3rd choice is a toss up...T.Williams or R.Wayne..I personally like Wayne but Williams has Romo's trust and he is fast too.

Gordon is entering stud status. Cameron has had a few quiet games. People forget that he still rocked with Weeden at the beginning of the year. Defenses are now adjusting to him. He's still far too talented to drop for a guy like Heath Miller. He'll be fine.

Gordon is entering stud status. Cameron has had a few quiet games. People forget that he still rocked with Weeden at the beginning of the year. Defenses are now adjusting to him. He's still far too talented to drop for a guy like Heath Miller. He'll be fine.

No question about his talent..True there.

I like Miller better going forward and M.Bennett is available too. Bennett hasn't scored in a while, but he is highly used in that Bears offense. Cutler who is far better than Weeden loves to throw to Bennett too. The Bears have a more favorable schedule too. A lot of fantasy football is luck, so when I consider my options, I tend to start the player who is also a solid player like Miller or Bennett on the better offense who also has the easier path to Td's.

The overreaction about Cameron seems like a product of looking at the box score instead of watching games. As mentioned, he's had big games with Weeden before.

Cameron has become a legit threat, and defenses have shifted LBs into coverage to take him away. Hence why Ogbonnaya had so many targets last week. Gordon has been benefiting from this big time. Cameron is still getting end-zone targets, however he's facing tighter coverage than before.

In the end, talent ALWAYS wins out and Cameron will figure out ways to get open.

Seriously, dropping the #3 TE is a joke or just trolling.

**EDIT**

No question about his talent..True there.

I like Miller better going forward and M.Bennett is available too. Bennett hasn't scored in a while, but he is highly used in that Bears offense. Cutler who is far better than Weeden loves to throw to Bennett too. The Bears have a more favorable schedule too.

Bennett is on waivers in your league??? Wait a second, how many teams are we talking here?

Miller has zero TD's this year, granted he's only played 3 games.

You're putting too much into SOS. It's overrated, especially for WR's and TE's. I'll take the guy with more talent over the guy with less talent and an easier schedule.

Just about every time my team has great matchups on paper it doesn't translate into a good week. Then my lineup blows up when I am expecting a down week.

Bennett is on waivers in your league??? Wait a second, how many teams are we talking here?

He also said in an earlier post that Jeffery is on waivers :dunno:

The overreaction about Cameron seems like a product of looking at the box score instead of watching games. As mentioned, he's had big games with Weeden before.

Cameron has become a legit threat, and defenses have shifted LBs into coverage to take him away. Hence why Ogbonnaya had so many targets last week. Gordon has been benefiting from this big time. Cameron is still getting end-zone targets, however he's facing tighter coverage than before.

In the end, talent ALWAYS wins out and Cameron will figure out ways to get open.

**EDIT**

The league where I own both Gordon and Cam and the league I am talking about is a 10 team league. In the beginning of the year I had Cook and Finley and picked up Cam and dropped Cook. I let go of Finley for Gates. Miller and Bennett are available and I do not like the offense Clev has..However, Gordon is staying on my roster..

Here is my team.

Rivers, Luck, Ryan. Keeping 3 to cover the week 8 bye.

Playing the match up's, but I started Luck this week when Rivers out played him.

J.Charles,K.Moreno,J.Bell..I just dropped MJD.

D.Thomas,J.Gordon,R.Wayne,T.Williams

H.Miller,A.Gates...Just dropped Cam

D.Bailey

Jets,Giants..I just dropped the Bengals for the Giants becuase they are going to have their best game this week..

15 players in this league..Not 16.

We start.

1Qb

2 Rb

2Wr

1Te

1Flex

1Kr

1Def

I was starting Charles and Moreno with MJD..3Rb's to 2 wr's.

This week I started Charles and Moreno with 3 wr's...D.Thomas,Gordon, Wayne.

In week 9 I will need to find a Rb.

The league where I own both Gordon and Cam and the league I am talking about is a 10 team league. In the beginning of the year I had Cook and Finley and picked up Cam and dropped Cook. I let go of Finley for Gates. Miller and Bennett are available and I do not like the offense Clev has..However, Gordon is staying on my roster..

I see

I see

Yes, and I also mentioned that this league rosters 15 players and not 16..

So, that leaves 10 players who are going to be solid players on the waiver wire.

So pick and choose wisely...That is why I am trying to play the more favorable schedule with players like Miller and Gates. Does it mean it will work out? No...But the match ups are what I like. Both Gates and Miller have good Qb's...I know Cam is better than both of them, but I think his Qb cancels a lot of that out.

I could right now go and drop Gates and pick Cam back up. I do have Rivers...

I was thinking of dropping Gates for K.Allen.

Any thoughts on that would help...

In week 9 I will need a Rb so J.Bell might have to be dropped for someone else.

**EDIT**

Disagree with this. Cameron is not getting the targets anymore that he was.

Weeks 1 - 4 he had 43 targets total

Weeks 5 - 6 he had 11 targets total

I will give you that defenses have adjusted to him, but they are not even trying to get him the ball like they were. In the first few weeks they were throwing the ball up there and giving him a chance to make plays, that is no longer the case. IMO it is ridiculous for fantasy sites to continue ranking him in the top 3 TE each week based on how the Browns are underutilizing him. For owners to continue treating him as the #3 TE based on his previous production and overlooking other TE's that are being utilized better could make the difference to making the fantasy playoffs.

And yes, I am a Cameron owner and have a 6-0 record in my league.

Disagree with this. Cameron is not getting the targets anymore that he was.

Weeks 1 - 4 he had 43 targets total

Weeks 5 - 6 he had 11 targets total

I will give you that defenses have adjusted to him, but they are not even trying to get him the ball like they were. In the first few weeks they were throwing the ball up there and giving him a chance to make plays, that is no longer the case. IMO it is ridiculous for fantasy sites to continue ranking him in the top 3 TE each week based on how the Browns are underutilizing him. For owners to continue treating him as the #3 TE based on his previous production and overlooking other TE's that are being utilized better could make the difference to making the fantasy playoffs.

And yes, I am a Cameron owner and have a 6-0 record in my league.

Weeden isn't a great QB, but he's not going to force it into coverage. Increased coverage = lack of targets.

It's also ridiculous for fantasy owners to overreact based on 2 games, one of which wasn't a bad day for a TE.

I just made another move..I decided to drop Gates for K.Allen and I did just that 2 min ago.

My decision was largely due to not needing to cover a bye week because Heath already had his and because I like having the combo of Rivers to Allen not to mention keeping him off of another teams roster. I now have great depth at the wr slot.

My Rb's only concern will be in week 9...J.Bell may have to go that week. I will need to pick 1 up.

Nobody is trading in this league. Or, I just drop 1 of my defenses. Probably this...

Receivers are. D.Thomas,J.Gordon,R.Wayne,T.Williams,K.Allen

I am happy that Charles and Moreno have the same bye week. Only 1 week lost with them.

One league I have Gronk and Cameron if I can get Gronk back, may trade Cameron for a receiver, just hoping Gronlk comes back soon enough for me to do this and get good value as I am a little short on wideouts and I have Gordon as well. DOnt really want to start Cameron and Gordon if I can avoid it, just too many eggs in the basket with Weeden throwing the ball to them.

Giants D? In my league they have more weeks scoring in the negative than helping your team. -5 for the season, I picked up Freeman just for this week, 2 qb league so kind of a different scenario. As much as I love to hear the Vikes fans whine I am hoping for them to have a shoot out with the Gmen.

Giants D? In my league they have more weeks scoring in the negative than helping your team. -5 for the season, I picked up Freeman just for this week, 2 qb league so kind of a different scenario. As much as I love to hear the Vikes fans whine I am hoping for them to have a shoot out with the Gmen.

Look at who they played in the first 6 weeks. If it isn't this week, than it won't be any week because they're at home on MNF and the Vikings are not a good team, not to mention that the Giants have to be the most desperate team in the league who are at home vs the Vikings on Monday Night. This is their week and they will not let Coughlin down.

They can't be this bad. Manning and the rest of the offense will have a field day this week.

I expect no less than 30-40 points from the Giants with them giving up no more than 17 with a few sacks and 1 or 2 turnovers..

Starting Cameron with extreme confidence. Judging by the name you gave yourself (peeman) , you're a nervous wreck...........But I'm telling you peeman, don't be.

Here is my team.

Rivers, Luck, Ryan. Keeping 3 to cover the week 8 bye.

Playing the match up's, but I started Luck this week when Rivers out played him.

J.Charles,K.Moreno,J.Bell..I just dropped MJD.

D.Thomas,J.Gordon,R.Wayne,T.Williams

H.Miller,A.Gates...Just dropped Cam

D.Bailey

Jets,Giants..I just dropped the Bengals for the Giants becuase they are going to have their best game this week..

15 players in this league..Not 16.

We start.

1Qb

2 Rb

2Wr

1Te

1Flex

1Kr

1Def

I was starting Charles and Moreno with MJD..3Rb's to 2 wr's.

This week I started Charles and Moreno with 3 wr's...D.Thomas,Gordon, Wayne.

In week 9 I will need to find a Rb.

you should see if adrian peterson or matt forte is available off waivers...then post about whether or not you should pick then, wait a few days, and to save you time, you can probably drop terrance wiliams for either of them. hth.

Starting Cameron with extreme confidence. Judging by the name you gave yourself (peeman) , you're a nervous wreck...........But I'm telling you peeman, don't be.

lol....Never a reason for me to be nervous. I love fantasy football and I love the competition.

Starting Heath Miller or A.Gates or M.Bennett over Cameron would never make me nervous. I am keeping J.Gordon,

If that 1 position change doesn't work out for me, than so be it.

you should see if adrian peterson or matt forte is available off waivers...then post about whether or not you should pick then, wait a few days, and to save you time, you can probably drop terrance wiliams for either of them. hth.

Good idea...I wouldn't want Forte though.

If the Te position was so meaningful for winning a championship than all of you would be drafting a te in the first couple of rounds.

I would never do that. You can have J.Graham and Gronk too...I will take the next tier Te and win with the other players I drafted over taking a te early in the draft. In fact, I never take a qb earlier than the 5th or 6th round. I will take Matt Ryan in the 7th and I will still beat the Manning owner like I already did this year...Ballance...Ballance is what you need to win in Fantasy football.

The problem I ran into with the team I drafted in this particular league is this...I never drafted online before and when I jumped into this NFL.com league at the last minute 4:30 in the afternoon on opening night...I had no idea how to pick the player off the screen.

Meaning..Do I highlight the player I want or do I just click on the guy..The board layout was confusing...So what I did afterwards was assess who I had and I went right to the waiver wire and started making moves. So far I am 4-2 and I have a great match up this week. The guy I am playing is without 3 Saints players and J.Jones.

Holy panic thread.

Packers give up the 4th most points to TEs, and 7th most to WRs. KC is going to be a tough no doubt, but any team will have the same issue. The Ravens give up the 10th most to TEs and 9th most to WRs

Weeden has been more than serviceable, and has produced games for Gordon and Cameron in the elite tiers. He might not produce like Hoyer, but there's no reason to overreact like this.

I wish people wouldn't start baseless threads just to be a debbie downer and cause panic.

Probably someone who is trying to trade for Gordon or Cameron. It happens all the time on this board. I bet right now there is a trade offer in a league somewhere and the owner trying to get either, or both, players and is pointing to this thread saying "See, people are saying their value is gone...." Gordon will do well with any QB with an arm. He can outmuscle defenders and he's quick enough to separate. Who exactly is going to slow him down? I think 4 catches for 70 yards is his absolute bottom. Personally, as a Gordon owner, I hope the Browns are down by 30 at halftime and they have to throw the entire second half.