Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

***Official Week 8 NFL Gambling Thread***

CAR -7 is a lot of damn points for a road team in a division game. Especially for CAR who hasn't had win/loss record above .500 since.... wait for it..... 2008. :shocking:

It's easy to hate the Bucs... winnless, lost muscle hamster, dumped Freeman, players hate coach, etc. But their offense has actually gotten better since Freeman with Glennon throwing 2 TDs in each of the last two games. Depsite the record, Bucs have been competitive in most games. All that said, I'm not stupid enough to take the lowely Bucs even though I predict CAR wins by only 3.

I think the safer bet is OVER 40.5. A lot of people are banking on CAR's defense to get the UNDER, and they've been good, but 40.5 ain't a lot of points in today's NFL. Considering how well both offenses have played lately, gimme the OVER.

Might want to add no Doug Martin to go along with a rookie QB against a stout Caroliina D on a short week!!! I'll take Carolina and the Under.

Wright over 3 rec +105 Winner
Glennon under 24 com red
Lafell under 3.5 rec -135 Winner

Newton under 19.5 com red

CIN -6 over NYJ

There's one stat that amost always reflects a team's actual win/loss record and that's the turnover ratio. It's really a look back stat and not as predictive of future performance as say average points or yards per game, since turnovers can be flukey. In any case, the NYJ are currently tied for 2ND WORST (-11), yet they're 4-3. Unbelievable. The other 4 teams rounding out the bottom 5 in turnover ratio....

28. JAX 0-7

29. PIT 2-4

31. HOU 2-5

32. NYG 1-6

There's other reasons to like CIN here such as their quality wins over GB, NE and DET. Plus good defensive stats/decent offensive stats. Rookie QB's (Geno Smith) don't typically fair well on the road in the NFL. Considering everything, I'm surprised the Jets are only a 6 point dog. I'd expect CIN defense to have a monster day.

*1 McGahee under 45.5 Winner
*1 Sproles over 5 rec +110 Loser
*1.5 Bowe under 4.5 rec -150 Winner

*1 Gronk over 68.5 Loser

*1 R. Woods under 3.5 rec -130 Winner

*1 Thad Lewis under 20.5 comLoser

*1 A. Smith under 230.5 pass Winner

*1 DeSean Jackson over 5 rec -105 Winner

*1 Terrance Williams over 3.5 rec -140Loser

*1 RGIII over 275.5 passLoser

*.8 L. Bell over 62.5 rushLoser

*1 H. Douglas under 5.5 rec -130Loser

*1 Cameron un 55.5 rec Loser

*1 Ridley un 69.5 -125 Loser

*1 Witten over 5.5 rec Loser

*1 Garcon over 5.5 -140

*1 Moreno over 70.5

*1 L. Fitz over 4.5 -140

DET -3 over Dallas.... back-to-back road games for America's team which is a little beat up. Detroit's offense can hang with anyone. If they're defense would show up, they'd win a lot more games. A few reliable Romo INT's wil help this week.