Sign in to follow this  
Soju808

Dennis Johnson

I've seen various websites saying to pick this guy up because if Tate goes down (which is more that likely to happen), he'll be the go to guy in the Texans offense.

Yep.. He's a more than solid pick-up for the home stretch. Houston is actually playing pretty decent with Keenum despite their record. Tate is gone next year and Foster is showing a lot of red flags. They will probably want to see what they have with him even if Tate stays somewhat healthy which is a big if. Long story short I'm picking him up ASAP.

Tate hasn't missed any time with his current rib injury while carrying a full workload. I don't see him missing any time unless it's a new injury

Johnson is nothing more than a backup and has yet to prove he can carry the load on his own even if Tate went down. He has shown nothing. If he was so talented, he would've been drafted. But he was waived by Houston and then resigned after Arian Foster got injured as insurance.

Tate hasn't missed any time with his current rib injury while carrying a full workload. I don't see him missing any time unless it's a new injury

Johnson is nothing more than a backup and has yet to prove he can carry the load on his own even if Tate went down. He has shown nothing. If he was so talented, he would've been drafted. But he was waived by Houston and then resigned after Arian Foster got injured as insurance.

Oh.

You should have ended with "I know this makes no sense because foster wasn't drafted"

Oh.

You should have ended with "I know this makes no sense because foster wasn't drafted"

yeah, he was lighting it up last week with 4 carries for 7 yards, and his blocking ability is stellar.

Per Rotoworld:

For the second straight week, Johnson was utilized as the Texans' primary change-of-pace back. He didn't help his chances of playing more going forward by blowing a blitz pickup against John Abraham that got Case Keenum sacked.

Let me guess, you own Tate and you missed out on Johnson? :wave:

Me too ...

I'm starting Tate in a flex.

How bout you ... you rollin' with Johnson?

Last 2 weeks:

Tate 37 carries

Dj 12 carries

I am confused as to your logic of missing out on dennis johnson as if he was the one to have?

We are talking about rest of season right?

Last 2 weeks:

Tate 37 carries

Dj 12 carries

I am confused as to your logic of missing out on dennis johnson as if he was the one to have?

Johnson is a stash. Stash. That means you hold him until the guy with the cracked ribs shuts it down. No one is saying start him this week. No one is saying he is better than Tate. The ideal scenario would be to have both.

Watched much of that game. Johnson really looked like nothing. Granted, he didn't get a lot of work, but the sack on Keenum was truly a terrible job. I wouldn't think it would endear him to the staff or QB.

Johnson is a stash. Stash. That means you hold him until the guy with the cracked ribs shuts it down. No one is saying start him this week. No one is saying he is better than Tate. The ideal scenario would be to have both.

Tate hasn't missed any time at all since sustaining the injury, rushing 37 times 137 yards (3.70 YPC) over the last two weeks. He said he's learning how to play through the pain. "It's easier," Tate said. "I felt like I could move a little better, catch better and have a little more wiggle. Hopefully, it's getting better and better." With Arian Foster (back) done for the year, the Texans will continue to ride Tate hard. He's a candidate for 15-20 touches against the Raiders Sunday. Nov 12 - 8:19 AM

By the way ... Karim is the bu and Johnson the change of pace back.

Last 2 weeks:

Tate 37 carries

Dj 12 carries

Statements like this are silly. I have not seen one post anywhere of people saying DJ should start over Tate. It has all been about DJ is the handcuff to Tate. Similar to Tate was the handcuff to Foster. So why in the world are these statements wrong just because DJ had less carries then Tate (sort of like a backup or "handcuff").

hes just not good, hes a scat back with very little upside.

Tate isnt going anywhere next year either, if the Texans feel like Foster may be on the way to the end, they can tag Tate

also, I have Johnson stashed in 2 leagues, and own Tate in none fwiw

the way i see it, there is no upside with Dennis Johnson. Even as a handcuff. He has not proven anything to justify being a handcuff.

There are plenty of handcuffs out there, I don't see how Dennis Johnson is such a hot topic. Kendall Hunter, Michael Turbin, Bernard Pierce, Joique Bell, James Starks, Toby Gerhart, Bryce Brown, Roy Helu....etc... are all more legitimate backups and available in most league's FA than Dennis Johnson

the way i see it, there is no upside with Dennis Johnson. Even as a handcuff. He has not proven anything to justify being a handcuff.

There are plenty of handcuffs out there, I don't see how Dennis Johnson is such a hot topic. Kendall Hunter, Michael Turbin, Bernard Pierce, Joique Bell, James Starks, Toby Gerhart, Bryce Brown, Roy Helu....etc... are all more legitimate backups and available in most league's FA than Dennis Johnson

With the exception of Turbin and Gerhart, every other back you listed is taken in my 12 team standard league.

hes just not good, hes a scat back with very little upside.

Tate isnt going anywhere next year either, if the Texans feel like Foster may be on the way to the end, they can tag Tate

also, I have Johnson stashed in 2 leagues, and own Tate in none fwiw

Jerome Harrison wasn't very good either, yet he took several teams to a 'ship in '09.

Jerome Harrison wasn't very good either, yet he took several teams to a 'ship in '09.

Harrison had been around the block a bit, was a good receiver who was already used in passing situations, and could pick up blitzes well.

he also had a bit of a size difference on Johnson

Johnson 5'7, 193lbs rookie, 2 games

Harrison 5'9, 195lbs 5th yr vet

I am sure you can cherry pick a RB every year that came out of nowhere to lead teams to championships, I can

Dee Brown

Samkon Gado

Rueben Droughns

the list goes on and on. Zac Stacy is this years version imo

I view it kinda like Kevin Jones for Detroit last year. Arguably the greatest scrub to play the game. lol

Let's keep in context.. we're not looking or expecting Adrian Peterson part deux. Merely a guy who could potentially start at flex for your team the last couple weeks of the season.

The difference is ... Jerome Harrison was the starter.

Like Seadog pointed out earlier ... there are quite a few backups that have more talent and/or better situations than Johnson.

No one even knows that Johnson is the backup ... His coach referred to him as a change of pace back.