Sign in to follow this  
bigblue08

Brock a sneaky pickup?

With Peyton's high ankle sprain, a hard hit or sack could knock him out. And with all of their receiving weapons, the Broncos wouldn't run the ball exclusively.

Worth a flier or just move along?

Not going to happen... Have better luck picking up A. Foster....

With all the attention being doled out to Peyton regarding his ankle/knee, I'm beginning to wonder if they're not fabricating a lot of this crap to lower K.C. guard some.

I wouldn't bother picking this guy up. If he was that good, he'd be starting somewhere.

Thanks. Thought it might have been a good way to "Brock" the Manning owner.

I wouldn't bother picking this guy up. If he was that good, he'd be starting somewhere.

dumb one-liner.

if you've got a free roster spot (no downside), pick him up. esp in dynasty.

• Like 1

dumb one-liner.

if you've got a free roster spot (no downside), pick him up. esp in dynasty.

Speaking of dumb one-liners..........

Expound..................why spend a Roster spot on Brock as opposed to another QB or another player? What makes him worthy of a flyer?

Having watched Brock a lot in high school I wonder how his body will take an NFL hit. He is extremely lanky. Even in junior high, he was always listed at 6'8" until he chose football over basketball, then he magically "shrunk" an inch. At his height, he can stand in the pocket and throw the ball....which is what Peyton does, but when it comes to football intelligence Peyton is one of a kind.

Granted he's now had 1.5 years to learn from Peyton. This "experiment" will be interesting to watch in coming seasons.

I heard on ESPN this morning that they have had Peyton on a snap count during practice his whole time in Denver. That's gotta mean that Brock had taken some first team snaps during practice, right?

I am leaning towards picking him up not to start him but to prevent the Peyton owner from grabbing him. (In my league, he is doing really well.)

With WRs and he TE that they have, Brock should still be able to put up decent numbers, right? Or have I over-analyzed this?

I heard on ESPN this morning that they have had Peyton on a snap count during practice his whole time in Denver. That's gotta mean that Brock had taken some first team snaps during practice, right?

I am leaning towards picking him up not to start him but to prevent the Peyton owner from grabbing him. (In my league, he is doing really well.)

With WRs and he TE that they have, Brock should still be able to put up decent numbers, right? Or have I over-analyzed this?

I am always prepared for any bad thing. I have Peyton as my QB but I drafted Wilson and have kept him the whole time just in case to have my behind covered.

Ball may be the pick up if he is available. I see the Broncos trying to run much more and not stress Moreno.

Ball may be the pick up if he is available. I see the Broncos trying to run much more and not stress Moreno.

Everyone said the same thing at the beginning of the year. Ball is a turnover machine and had his tires worn out at Wisconsin. Moreno is still the main man.

In dynasty Brock is a taxi squad stash that becomes an immediate starter if (when?) old man time catches up to Peyton. We've seen quite a few starting QBs go down already this year. The Broncos offense is loaded with weapons even after Decker departs next year. If I had an open roster spot I'd pick him up - just as good a flier as Glennon or Manuel in my opinion.

I am leaning towards picking him up not to start him but to prevent the Peyton owner from grabbing him.

I am not the Peyton owner in my league, but if I was I'd tell you to go for it. Wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

If any of my leaguemates are reading this, feel free to pick up Drew Brees' backup.

With Peyton's high ankle sprain, a hard hit or sack could knock him out. And with all of their receiving weapons, the Broncos wouldn't run the ball exclusively.

Worth a flier or just move along?

In a dynasty league, he's worth stashing. ESPN has stated this is Manning's last year. That wouldn't shock me. If so, Brock will be handed the throne with a great line and some great receiving options.

Speaking of dumb one-liners..........

Expound..................why spend a Roster spot on Brock as opposed to another QB or another player? What makes him worthy of a flyer?

if he were to play, he'd have a much higher ceiling than someone like an EJ Manuel or Ryan Fitz.

12+ standard team leagues.

the Broncos will drop back to pass as much or more than anyone to go for the single season passing records.

more attempts = more chances of Peyton being crushed.

Everyone said the same thing at the beginning of the year. Ball is a turnover machine and had his tires worn out at Wisconsin. Moreno is still the main man.

Hmmm