Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Friday Night Poker thread

Fock. So, I went in there prepared to do battle. Started at 1/2 but then gladly changed tables to 1/3 with a guy I have previuosly called Border Patrol. I think he's made some improvements to his game. He's still a guy you can trap, but he was doing well and so was I and we both got in this monster hand. 1/3 NL, I had about $500 and he had me covered.

I have AQ and raise pre, I think to 12 and get 3 callers. Flop comes A, 10, 4, with 2 dimes, and I have no diamonds. I forget exactly how the betting went. Border Patrol bet at me and then I shipped out a hundo stack and he went all in. It's on the bordrline of a legal Arizona bet. $500 max. Huge pot. Huge decision. I had pretty much narrowed him down to a set or A, 10. I knew he didn't have AK because he would have re-raised preflop. So I said, "I'm not saying what I am gonna do, but I am gonna turn my hand face up. I show my hand and he is cold faced. I was about to fold and I looked at him, and he said "I'll show ya if you fold." and I was like, foooock! That makes me want to call. And I called and he had A, 10 and I did not suck out. Another $1k pot that did not get shipped my way. Dumb call. I focked up.

Up and down, up and down after that .... there was a lot of money on the table. Took a shot, and things didn't go my way. Last hand of the night I had AQ again, and this lag kid raised pre with K8, flop came Q, 8, X and the kid bets $35. I float. Turn is another 8 and he shoves. I made another dumb hero call.

Stuck $380. Played bad. Taking a break for a month.

Intresting fact, this is my 61st cash session this year, and before tonight I was exactly 30 wins to 30 losses. I need work on my leaks in cash games.

Already have decided I played some hands too weak, like just flat calling that c-bet with AQ ... I thought about re-raising the flop but I was down to a stack of like $120 at that point, so my reverse implied odds said just flat. Kid is gonna bluff the turn, then you go all in. But he hit a 5 outer instead and I couldn't let it go. That's gonna happen 20% of the time. I dunno ... i don't want to make adjustments where they are not needed, but I know that I am calling too light, too often. Hafta stop hero calling.

Another hand I called a reraise with aces up on the ace turn that put 3 clubs on board. Guy bets 100 on the non club, brick river. I folded face up. He told me later, he did not have a flush. 2 pair was good. I shoulda shoved the turn. I had the 9c. Flopped top pair, turned top 2 and had a blocker. I gave him too much credit.

Bad decisions all around. Folding when I had it, and calling when I didn't. Maybe I just need to take longer to make my decisions.

BTW, Border Patrol was hitting everything. Flopped top set and got it all in 3 ways on a flop where 2 fish with draws called. He cashed out, up at least $1k tonight.

Easy shove though, ace 9, top 2 on the turn, three to the suit of your nine ... SHOVE ... wtf.

2 hero calls, and one hero fold ... and I was wrong every time.

I also need to shorten my sessions. Chalk one up to, I was up ... and then I crashed. Again. There's focking drawings ... So that keeps me there. As a matter of fact, I bought in for $2, called a short buy, you are allowed one, because I busted like 5 minutes before the drawing for $200. Didn't hit.

I haven't hit a drawing in over a year.

Also, can't remember the last time I had pocket aces. I've cracked aces more recently than I have had them.

Oh ... and at the end, this old Jewey chick, who I haven't seen in a year shows up. Every drawing, she is like "Call a woman!" knowing it's mostly men with tickets in the barrel. Gets mad when they don't pick her one ticket in a sea of 2k tickets.

She complains all the time. About everything. Focking drives me nuts. I was surprised to see her again. She's pretty bad. I thought she gave up.

Fock. So, I went in there prepared to do battle. Started at 1/2 but then gladly changed tables to 1/3 with a guy I have previuosly called Border Patrol. I think he's made some improvements to his game. He's still a guy you can trap, but he was doing well and so was I and we both got in this monster hand. 1/3 NL, I had about $500 and he had me covered.

I have AQ and raise pre, I think to 12 and get 3 callers. Flop comes A, 10, 4, with 2 dimes, and I have no diamonds. I forget exactly how the betting went. Border Patrol bet at me and then I shipped out a hundo stack and he went all in. It's on the bordrline of a legal Arizona bet. $500 max. Huge pot. Huge decision. I had pretty much narrowed him down to a set or A, 10. I knew he didn't have AK because he would have re-raised preflop. So I said, "I'm not saying what I am gonna do, but I am gonna turn my hand face up. I show my hand and he is cold faced. I was about to fold and I looked at him, and he said "I'll show ya if you fold." and I was like, foooock! That makes me want to call. And I called and he had A, 10 and I did not suck out. Another $1k pot that did not get shipped my way. Dumb call. I focked up.

Up and down, up and down after that .... there was a lot of money on the table. Took a shot, and things didn't go my way. Last hand of the night I had AQ again, and this lag kid raised pre with K8, flop came Q, 8, X and the kid bets $35. I float. Turn is another 8 and he shoves. I made another dumb hero call.

Stuck $380. Played bad. Taking a break for a month.

A. your bet should have only been 50 B. when a guy shoves over 500 bucks after the flop you have to know he has at least 2 pair. C. If they tell you they will show if you fold with Diamonds out there he wants you to fold rather than risk a flush - which you didn't even have.

Man you were extra dumb here

A. your bet should have only been 50 B. when a guy shoves over 500 bucks after the flop you have to know he has at least 2 pair. C. If they tell you they will show if you fold with Diamonds out there he wants you to fold rather than risk a flush - which you didn't even have.

Man you were extra dumb here

My cards were face up. I had no diamonds.

I also need to shorten my sessions. Chalk one up to, I was up ... and then I crashed. Again. There's focking drawings ... So that keeps me there. As a matter of fact, I bought in for $2, called a short buy, you are allowed one, because I busted like 5 minutes before the drawing for $200. Didn't hit.

I haven't hit a drawing in over a year.

Also, can't remember the last time I had pocket aces. I've cracked aces more recently than I have had them.

Oh ... and at the end, this old Jewey chick, who I haven't seen in a year shows up. Every drawing, she is like "Call a woman!" knowing it's mostly men with tickets in the barrel. Gets mad when they don't pick her one ticket in a sea of 2k tickets.

She complains all the time. About everything. Focking drives me nuts. I was surprised to see her again. She's pretty bad. I thought she gave up.

Pot, meet kettle?

I can't believe you fell for the "I'll show if you fold" thing.

Your hand is face up. He sees you're about to fold a hand he's dominating. He has to try something to get you to call.

I had outs. 3 queens.

I shoulda been able to figure out what he had. i even said out loud, "Ace ten?"

I thought, when he said he would show, it was the nut flush draw and decided to call. Not because I thought I was good, I pretty much knew what he had ... but because I want the guys at the table to think I am that bad. I'll call it all off on a $1k pot with just top pair.

Gonna pay off bigtime, this friday. You'll see.

I had outs. 3 queens.

I shoulda been able to figure out what he had. i even said out loud, "Ace ten?"

I thought, when he said he would show, it was the nut flush draw and decided to call. Not because I thought I was good, I pretty much knew what he had ... but because I want the guys at the table to think I am that bad. I'll call it all off on a $1k pot with just top pair.

Gonna pay off bigtime, this friday. You'll see.

thought you were gonna take a month off?

That's what I said after last Friday. But that don't befront me ... Long as I get my money back this Friday.

Heard a recent story ... where a guy in a cash game called down another guy, betting the whole way ... with just 10 high. Was good on the river. One of the other players looked at him and said "How can you make that call with just 10 high on the river?"

And he said:

"Because I can afford to."

:thumbsup: