Sign in to follow this  
Gandalfs Fireworks

Just stung by a saltwater catfish!

Holy mother of pain

I've probably unhooked 500 cats in my life and never been stuck before. This one got me right in the middle finger and the pain is an 8.5 on scale of 10. Pretty sure none of the whisker came off j der my skin so I just have to keep it clean and deal with some pain for a while. But dayum that sht hurts!

I assume it was a hardhead? Put some Adolph's meat tenderizer on it and run it under the hottest water you can stand for a long time. The heat will break down the toxin. Those little bastards are nasty.

Worst pain I ever had was getting hit by a Man o War (I guess a kind of jelly fish) a few years ago in Costa Rica . My Leg got tangled up in the tentacles and the most intense pain shot right through me - I focked my hand up as well by grabbing the tentacles to pull them off me. Most painful hours of my life.

Friend of mine took one right between the web of his middle and index finger.Went about two inches in. He passed out from the pain.

I always keep some long pliers in my boat for removing hardheads. I have not been stung, nor do I want to get stung.