Sign in to follow this  
JREarly

Rate My Team (12 team) - I will help you in return!

12 team league, I picked 5th. Pretty much standard scoring but you get 1 point for every 3 receptions. 6 points for passing touchdowns.You must have 2 QB's and 2 TE's on roster. First I will list the guys in order that I drafted them and my predicted lineup for week 1. I question my depth, especially at RB. I didn't really plan on drafting Kaepernick but I felt like he was good value in the 7th. Yes, I know Gordon is going to be suspended possibly for the year. Took a flyer on him. Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks and leave me a link to yours.

Drafted:

Eddie Lacy

Montee Ball

Antonio Brown

Toby Gerhart

Keenan Allen

Vernon Davis

Colin Kaepernick

Kendall Wright

Khiry Robinson

Jarrett Boykin

Kenny Stills

Cam Newton

Josh Gordon

Lance Dunbar

New England D

Charles Clay

Dan Bailey

Week 1 Lineup:

QB - Kaepernick

RB - Lacy

RB - Ball

WR - Brown

WR - Allen

TE - Davis

FLEX - Gerhart

K - Bailey

D - New England

Good team. Ball that late is great but I think you will need help with your QB play. 6pt TDS don't favor Kap very much but Cam should be good for you. I live Brown with the .33PR scoring. That'll be an extra 40 points on the season for him.

Very nice. Like the grab of Cam late to go with Kaep, may take over as your starter if he can match his past seasons. Boykin and Stills look a little early, I assume they're sleepers of yours. Great starting RBs / WRs, a better TE would be nice to have. Keep an eye on the waiver wire if Clay doesn't produce up to last season.

Nice starters. I see a lot of reaches past kaepernick but obviously they are guys you are high on so good luck. I just feel that you left solid guys on the board in favor of the sleepers you took like the saints and Boykin and stills. Cam that late is robbery, and Vernon was a nice value as well. Essentially you are going to need a few of those reaches to pan out, wich is perfectly realistic. I'd try to find some rbs on the wire that could benefit from an injury like knile Davis. You can cut clay or a wr for him and it will add potential depth especially with preseason gm 3 coming. Heck, you could even cut your kicker for another lotto ticket rb. Probably won't pan out but what if u pick up Davis and the unthinkable happens and Charles gets hurt? U get a free stud. Unlikely but worth a shot in the dark.

Thanks for the input guys! Two backups I was targeting, Hyde and K. Davis, were gone in the 10th and 11th so I missed out. I hope P. Thomas or Colston goes down for the Saints. I tried to target backup players on high scoring offenses because they can pan out fast if an injury occurs. I have to have two TE so I can't drop Clay. I will check the waivers and post again for advice. Thanks!

I agree with the above posters. Nice solid starters and I like your gamble picks. I don't understand the reason you have to have a second TE since you're starting one, but I trust it's in the rules.

Overall, good solid team, but, as tant said above, I'd scour the waivers early to see if there are better gambles out there.

Here are some players on the waivers, please give me your input as to who you think I should drop to pick up and why. Again, the rules of my league are listed above and I must have 2 TE's on my roster at all times.

RB's:

Ronnie Hillman

Donald Brown

Bobby Rainey

Bilal Powell

Jacquizz Rodgers

Andre Brown

Marcel Reece

Mike Tolbert

Jonathan Stewart

WR's:

Brian Hartline

James Jones

Jerricho Cotchery

Aaron Dobson

Marqise Lee

J. Stewart, Hartline, Dobson, and M. Lee are all names to keep an eye on. I like J. Stewart over Dunbar on your roster, and all three of the WRs mentioned over Stills.

Isn't Stills going to start with Moore gone? I just think he has a lot of opportunity in that offense, even as the 4th option and my WR5. Stills did average 20ypc last season, yes only 32 catches. Moore and Sproles gone leaves 20% of targets up for grabs. I am going to drop Dunbar. Any chance I should pick up Hillman instead of Stewart just in case Ball struggles after surgery?

I think Stills will do around the same as last season, honestly. Graham and Colston may improve with Moore and Sproles gone. Look for B. Cooks to get a lot of the touches Sproles had, imo.

Hillman would be fine for a handcuff, although I'd take J. Stewart over him personally. Dunbar is strictly a 3rd down type that will probably not be used nearly as often as his hype early this year suggested.