Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

I'm here to help...ask away.

A lot of drafts are gonna happen tomorrow! If you have any last minute questions, ask away. I'm here to try and give insight and/or help split hairs on who to draft!

Whatcha got!

Ok, 10 team PPR league.....QB heavy league I have the 7th pick....we get .1 points per yard and 6 points per TD for everyone....Manning, Bree's & Rodgers going first 3....pretty sure McCoy 4 and Megatron 5...not sure of 6..... I am pretty sure I will be lookin at Forte, Peterson, Graham or D.Thomas......who would you take?!?!?!

Peterson no Question. Look to take Luck or Stafford if QB get 6 points for passing TD if not go one or 2 more rounds for Foles/Ryan/Brady.

Ok, 10 team PPR league.....QB heavy league I have the 7th pick....we get .1 points per yard and 6 points per TD for everyone....Manning, Bree's & Rodgers going first 3....pretty sure McCoy 4 and Megatron 5...not sure of 6..... I am pretty sure I will be lookin at Forte, Peterson, Graham or D.Thomas......who would you take?!?!?!

10 Team league so all positions will be deep going forward....

If Matt Forte or Jamaal Charles fall to you, it's a no brainer. I would rather take Forte over Charles due to the OLine being torn apart. Since it's PPR, those two give you the best opportunity. Last year Forte and Charles had 74 and 70 receptions. This year it should stay about the same. Peterson is great, but he's never had more then 40 receptions in any year of his career. Uncertainty at QB makes Peterson more risky over those two. Graham is a very intriguing pick, but I think you have to take the better point producers in Forte/Charles. DT is great, but you can get a WR in round two of similar value.

My philosophy this year is if you don't get Manning/Brees/Rodgers....pass until late. Let other guys reach for Luck/Stafford/Newton early. Those three will average around 20-21 pts per game. You can wait 2-3 rounds later and grab a QB that will average 19-20 points per game.

So, I would have to take Forte/Charles with pick one. Then in round 2 wide receiver and try and hope to get Julius Thomas in round three. Rounds 4-7 will be best available. Wait and grab a guy like Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler or someone in that tier later on.

Don't think too hard with your first round pick though. Forte or Charles would be a gift if either one of them fall to you. Good luck!

Two questions - same team:

1. For some reason, my league's draft board didn't have K. Britt as eligible to be drafted??? I took K. Thompkins late. I've got Britt rated quite a bit higher than Thompkins, in my cheat sheet.

I *think* I can do a waiver-wire transaction before week 1. Not sure, though. If I can - should I do it? Thompkins has Brady throwing to him, but Thompkins was very inconsistent last year. And, if/when A. Dobson's foot gets better, everyone says A. Dobson will start ahead of Thompkins. Britt is a stud - "when healthy." I had him a few years ago, when he had 9 TDs. I actually like Shaun Hill as a QB, and think he will be able to get the ball to Britt. Britt is THE #1 option in his offense, while Brady's #1 is obviously Gronk, and then Edelman.

2. I *could* also drop KC RB2 K. Davis, and grab one of the following: CLE WR1 M. Austin, CLE WR2 A. Hawkins, SD WR2 Malcolm Floyd, SF WR2 A. Boldin, CAR WR2 J. Cotchery, JAC WR1 M. Lee, OAK WR1 R. Streater, OAK WR2 D. Moore.

Thoughts on each?

Hi, thanks for taking questions. Non-ppr and I have the 7th pick. I'm thinking the top five RB's will go first and then maybe Manning and then either Lacy or Graham or D. Thomas. If for some reason, the 6th guy picks someone crazy (he has that history), should I go with Manning or Lacy or Graham or D. Thomas or something else. It's ten league team, standard league. Please rank them. My first choice is Lacy. THANKS.

In another league which is PPR and a keeper where we can keep one player each year and get one picked off, I have to choose between Lacy, Forte or Graham. I do think Forte will have a better year this year but then begin to wear down, I was going to protect Lacy. Please give some advice. THANKS again

Two questions - same team:

1. For some reason, my league's draft board didn't have K. Britt as eligible to be drafted??? I took K. Thompkins late. I've got Britt rated quite a bit higher than Thompkins, in my cheat sheet.

I *think* I can do a waiver-wire transaction before week 1. Not sure, though. If I can - should I do it? Thompkins has Brady throwing to him, but Thompkins was very inconsistent last year. And, if/when A. Dobson's foot gets better, everyone says A. Dobson will start ahead of Thompkins. Britt is a stud - "when healthy." I had him a few years ago, when he had 9 TDs. I actually like Shaun Hill as a QB, and think he will be able to get the ball to Britt. Britt is THE #1 option in his offense, while Brady's #1 is obviously Gronk, and then Edelman.

2. I *could* also drop KC RB2 K. Davis, and grab one of the following: CLE WR1 M. Austin, CLE WR2 A. Hawkins, SD WR2 Malcolm Floyd, SF WR2 A. Boldin, CAR WR2 J. Cotchery, JAC WR1 M. Lee, OAK WR1 R. Streater, OAK WR2 D. Moore.

Thoughts on each?

1. Kenny Britt for sure. He's the #1 in St. Louis and has a chance to consistently be a quality WR2. Thompkins is 3, 4, 5? In NE and probably won't be very consistatnt!

2. I would definitely drop Knile Davis for Anquan Boldin or Marquis Lee. Lee has a shot to be a WR2 this year, but more than likely he'll be a decent play as a WR3. Boldin is a solid WR3 that will post some WR1 games. Davis is simply there for injury purposes and if Charles would get hurt, Andy Reids past says he would use a committee anyway.

Good luck.

Hi, thanks for taking questions. Non-ppr and I have the 7th pick. I'm thinking the top five RB's will go first and then maybe Manning and then either Lacy or Graham or D. Thomas. If for some reason, the 6th guy picks someone crazy (he has that history), should I go with Manning or Lacy or Graham or D. Thomas or something else. It's ten league team, standard league. Please rank them. My first choice is Lacy. THANKS.

In another league which is PPR and a keeper where we can keep one player each year and get one picked off, I have to choose between Lacy, Forte or Graham. I do think Forte will have a better year this year but then begin to wear down, I was going to protect Lacy. Please give some advice. THANKS again

League One: Manning, Graham, Lacy or Demaryius....if you get 6 points for touchdowns for QB's I would go Manning. If not, I think I would lean towards Jimmy Graham. I really like Demaryius and Lacy (I just drafted Lacy 11th overall in a league today). Graham is in a high powered offense and when you draft him you don't have to worry about your second TE until late. There will be stud WR's and RB's in the second round. If you go WR in the second round you can get quality RB's in rounds 4-7. RB's seem to fall quite far this year.

League Two: In a keeper league I would actually keep Eddie Lacy over Forte. Eddie Lacy is 24, Matt Forte is 28. I would rather keep the guy that is in line for a good 4-5 years as opposed to 1-3 years. Forte is phenomenal, but Lacy could be just as good and easily has more keeper value.

Come back in and let us know how the draft went!! Good luck!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?s=c8b1cdd459e1322e00e1b0b49e2e3230&showtopic=435686

If you feel like rating my team and answering a question I have posted in the comment section. Thanks!

Rule for this league is that you have to maintain a roster that includes 2 qb's 3 rb's, 3 wr's, 2 tight ends, 2 defenses, and 2 kickers.

1 point for every 20 yards rushing/receiving. 1 point for every 100 yards passing. 6 points for every passing/rushing/receiving td.

QB- RG3,

RB- D. Murray, F. Gore

WR- K. Allen, M. Wallace, P. Harvin

TE- J. Graham

Flex - P. Harvin

D - Bengals

K- N. Novak

Bench

P. Rivers

S. Ridley, A. Williams, C. Hyde, D. Woodhead

K. Britt,

H. Miller

Dolphins, C. Sturgis

RG3 has looked rough this pre-season, but he has plenty of weapons to succeed. Rivers is a very good back-up. Murray and Gore are both pretty good. I love the fact that you got Hyde to back him up!! Ridley is a fumble away from being released. Williams offers a lot of promise and Woodhead should be a nice bye week fillin. I'm not big Harvin or Wallace fans, but since it's non PPR they will work. Kenny Britt should be decent this year and has a chance to out perform his adp. Graham is the best and Miller is a serviceable back up. Bengals and Miami are both okay defenses, but neither has the playmakers that I like to see.

Overall the team is shaky. RG3 has looked bad. Gore is old, Murray has an injury history that has to be factored in. There is no solid depth on the wide receiver core and Harvin has trouble staying healthy. You need to get some depth at WR to ensure you are sitting okay if Harvin goes down. Now, Graham and Allen are both solid. You need a couple things to happen to stay in the hunt. RG3 has to return to his form from his rookie year. Then you need Murray and Harvin to stay healthy. If all three of those things happen, no reason you shouldn't contend this year. I'm not so sure those three will stay healthy and live up to their potential. I would definitely want to get another WR to add depth to a group that has a lot of question marks.

You didn't do bad by any means, there are just some questionable players that you will be depending on for your weekly starters. Need to try and get some better depth somehow. Even if it's trading Andre Williams to the Jennings owner to get a decent WR, you need to do something. Not bad, just a little shaky?!

Good luck!!

check out my MASSIVE TRADE thread, could use some input there!

I give: Brady, Roddy, Wallace

I get: Peyton, Decker

Team would be:

Peyton, Dalton

Gio, Reggie Bush, Rice, Jeremy Hill, Andre Williams, DMC

Garcon, Decker, Justin Hunter (will grab Harry Douglas)

TE - Graham, Tim Wright

Full point PPR 6 pt passing TD.

What do I do? I'm so torn!!

This one is close!! Let's assume Rob Gronkowski stays healthy this year. If he does, Brady should have no problem throwing 35+ TD's. Manning should be around 40-45 TD's. Roddy should smash Decker's number's. Wallace doesn't do anything for me. He runs in a straight line and doesn't adjust well to new offenses or coaching (so it seems to me). For me this trade comes down to what will Roddy do compared to Decker. So, the key to this trade is....Gino Smith?!

I think I would stand pat. I don't trust that Gino will get the ball to Decker enough. I project Decker to be the leading receiver in NY, but only at about 750-800 yards. Roddy should get about 90 receptions and around 1200 yards. I really think Brady will have a pretty good year. Manning will do better, no question. I just don't think that Manning will out perform Brady to make up the gap of Roddy to Decker.

I would keep what you have. Good luck!!

Thanks for doing this. I'm looking for some advice. I'm in a standard non ppr scoring league that keeps 1 player. I'm keeping Payton. I also pick 1st in tonight's draft. Do I take Graham and then pick nothing but RB and WR the rest of the draft or do I take Ball from denver and look for best player from there?

Thanks for doing this. I'm looking for some advice. I'm in a standard non ppr scoring league that keeps 1 player. I'm keeping Payton. I also pick 1st in tonight's draft. Do I take Graham and then pick nothing but RB and WR the rest of the draft or do I take Ball from denver and look for best player from there?

Graham, Graham, Graham!! He's a sure fire consistant, week to week bonified stud! Can't go wrong. Ball may be great, may not. Take Graham, no question!

Curse9, thank you very much. I ended up getting Lacy with the 7th pick and then came back with the 14th with Jimmy Graham. Then went after WR's with A. Brown and Cobb. Then Stafford to round it out. Came back with Spiller and Edelman. I feel good about it.

and yes to Lacy in the keeper league. Thanks again.

10 Team league so all positions will be deep going forward....

If Matt Forte or Jamaal Charles fall to you, it's a no brainer. I would rather take Forte over Charles due to the OLine being torn apart. Since it's PPR, those two give you the best opportunity. Last year Forte and Charles had 74 and 70 receptions. This year it should stay about the same. Peterson is great, but he's never had more then 40 receptions in any year of his career. Uncertainty at QB makes Peterson more risky over those two. Graham is a very intriguing pick, but I think you have to take the better point producers in Forte/Charles. DT is great, but you can get a WR in round two of similar value.

My philosophy this year is if you don't get Manning/Brees/Rodgers....pass until late. Let other guys reach for Luck/Stafford/Newton early. Those three will average around 20-21 pts per game. You can wait 2-3 rounds later and grab a QB that will average 19-20 points per game.

So, I would have to take Forte/Charles with pick one. Then in round 2 wide receiver and try and hope to get Julius Thomas in round three. Rounds 4-7 will be best available. Wait and grab a guy like Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler or someone in that tier later on.

Don't think too hard with your first round pick though. Forte or Charles would be a gift if either one of them fall to you. Good luck!

Peterson has had 1 40 and a 43 year... That being said Norv Turner has never had a RB with less then 60 catches.

Peterson has had 1 40 and a 43 year... That being said Norv Turner has never had a RB with less then 60 catches.

You are right in Peterson had 43 one year.

You are incorrect in your theory on Norv Turner. From 1991 to today, he has had three running backs get over 60 catches....Lamont Jordan (70), Frank Gore (61), Ladainian Tomlinson (60).

All the others (Emmitt Smith, Terry Allen, Ryan Mathews, Stephen Davis, Ricky Williams, Charlie Garner.....did not reach 60 catches). Don't get me wrong, he's a phenomenal OC and does great things with offenses, but his offenses aren't designed to get RB's a boatload of catches. His offense is designed to spread the ball around and create space for running backs to run. I am willing to bet you a wooden nickel Peterson won't go over 50 catches this year.