Sign in to follow this  
WooFantasyFootball

Blind Bidding- $1000 budget, how much to put down on Gordon?

I got him for 7 on a 100 budget - to give you one data point.

Since most waivers don't clear until Wednesday... You should have a better idea when they vote on the new drug rule tomorrow.

Uh, wouldn't 7 out of a 100 = 70 out of a 1000?

If Gordon is indeed reinstated, it's going cost a lot more than that, probably $500+ I would think.

But again... You should wait until tomorrow. If they pass the new rule tomorrow and he is reinstated, he will most likely cost you most of your budget.

If there is no news on the change, then you might be able to get him for under 100. I would think.

If he is reinstated before your waiver runs then I would think multiple people would spend most if not all of their money. He would've been a top 20 pick. How often can you get that from the waiver wire in the 2nd week of the season?

If he is reinstated before your waiver runs then I would think multiple people would spend most if not all of their money. He would've been a top 20 pick. How often can you get that from the waiver wire in the 2nd week of the season?

I'm not sure about spending all, most waivers don't allow you to pick up anyone without at least $1, could be screwed down the line.

I'm not sure about spending all, most waivers don't allow you to pick up anyone without at least $1, could be screwed down the line.

Most waivers allow you to do a zero bid claim. You would have to full in you future holes with mostly FAs, but you would have a new top 5 receiver for most of the year. It would be worth it if you knew he was coming back.

What kinda leagues are ya'll in where Gordon isn't already rostered?

Gordon was dropped a in a lot of leagues when he lost his appeal.

Leagues that drafted once he was suspended for the year???

Gordon was dropped a in a lot of leagues when he lost his appeal.

It was widely known that Gordon could sue/get an injunction to delay his suspension and that the drug policy was being renegotiated. I have to question the intelligence of anybody that would invest in the Josh Gordon lottery and then dump him. I an understand a lot of circumstances with small league and tight rosters having to drop him before week 1 to grab a kicker or DEF... but the info about his possible return was readily available.

I guess I can see it... I'm shocked at how many of y'all can grab him off the wire.

If they rule tomorrow, I'd probably drop 961 on him. That'd leave enough for 1-2 dollar bids for people the rest of the year. And its an odd number so maybe you'll get lucky and everyone else will bid 950.

Before the announcement on Thursday he was hardly rostered at all. I would imagine most of the league where he's still "available" are ones where waivers lock for the week once the Thursday game starts...