Sign in to follow this  
bsballkingben99

Daily fantasy football

Just curious, how many of you play daily fantasy? I've started playing this year and I find it to be almost more fun than regular fantasy football. I like the aspect of being able to win money each week and playing a new lineup each week. What does everyone here think?

Just started this season as well. I love it. Can't freaking imagine how much I'd love it if I could win some damn money. :angry:

If your on draft kings take advantage of the beginner leagues while ya can

gonna give it a go this week over there.

like the double up on initial deposit, and the no kicker rosters (allowing extra flex)

care to unpack how/why the beginner leagues are so ripe for the picking? is there a shelf life with them that necessitates playing them while you can?

TIA

This is my first season too and I love it. I've placed in some of the big tournaments but not for much money. Think I'm gonna play mostly 50/50s. They're not as exciting but I can generally double my money up on those.

I pretty much realized i suck at evaluating football/guessing which week will be a players good week. Its fun but even in 50/50 i would probably lose money.

Newposterguy- I played quite a bit of baseball on draft kings...this is my first year doing football. I do about 1-3 contests a week and its still letting me do beginner contests..i like the head 2 head best

One thing i still dont understand is when your searching for head 2 head leagues it will have an x and number next to someones user name such as...condia x16 ....not sure if that means some kind of skill level or what

One thing i still dont understand is when your searching for head 2 head leagues it will have an x and number next to someones user name such as...condia x16 ....not sure if that means some kind of skill level or what

Means that user has created 16 (or whatever number you see) head to heads. If you reserve an entry, you'll see the same h2h contest in the lobby with x15 afterwards.

Just started this season as well. I love it. Can't freaking imagine how much I'd love it if I could win some damn money. :angry:

You never will, unless you smarten up and play 50/50

the big ones are suckers bets

• Like 1

Starting this week I'm putting 75% of wagered money on 50/50s and 25% into the big tournaments. I'll see how this pans out.

I got to the point I don't play the tournaments at all. This is the reason why; In some of them, you can enter as often as you like. I have no desire to compete with only one team against some guy who has 200 teams in a tournament. The last one I ever entered was in week 2 or 3 of this season, and when I saw how many teams the "winner" had, I it me..... Unless you want to throw in $400, or more, on a single $2 entry fee tournament, you have almost zero shot.

The 50/50's are at least a fair shot. You each have one team. Just remember to scroll all the way to the bottom of the players at each position. I've found some hidden gems each week that way.

The fun part is watching the philosophy of some owners. Some guys will go WR heavy, some want cheap WR's and big name RB's and yet others want Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and will go light at any other position to make it happen. Keep in mind the guys winning the big bucks you hear about on the radio commercials are the guys entering those contests with over a hundred teams. The guy that has won like $750k did a radio interview with ESPN and said he spent something like $800 on teams for a single $2 entry fee tournament that paid out $10k. Well, that's a nice return, but you know someone else did the same thing and lost......