Sign in to follow this  
highsider5

the time to dump Keenan Allen thread...

PPR league 12 team and 6pt TD (only 3 bench so WW is fun and fairly deep)

With a catch average right at 10 yards and a whopping one touchdown on the year, KA is not really cutting it. In my head I see a killer WR, someone with huge upside, and a young receiver that should be posting big numbers since he's like 6-2, huge, and a solid target for a pass happy Rivers.

In reality, its just not happening.

The bolts appear to be swirling the drain, everyone but him is finding the end zone, and he is the lowest scorer on my FF team. To boot, the Chargers do not have what I would call a rosy FF post season look. Denver at home, then two road games at SF and KC. Sure, coming off the bye they get the Raiders and Rams, but past that its Ravens, Pats, Niners, Chefs then Donkeys.

Based on how they have played the last month, including the stomping at the hands of Miami, they are poised to funk their way thru the rest of the year, maybe even drop all three to end it and miss the post season. Division wise they would have to get past both the Chiefs and Broncos, they are already 0-2 there and thing's aren't looking up. If the fish can shut them out, what is going to happen in potential snow in KC or Denver...

So, is it time to throw Keenan from the train? Anyone want to stump for one of these guys, there is definitely gold in these hills....

Steve Smith Sr. Bal - WR
Brandon LaFell NE - WR
Larry Fitzgerald Ari - WR
Jordan Matthews Phi - WR
Eric Decker NYJ - WR
Reggie Wayne Ind - WR
Markus Wheaton Pit - WR
Andrew Hawkins Cle - WR
Malcom Floyd SD - WR
John Brown Ari - WR
Doug Baldwin Sea - WR
Eddie Royal SD - WR
Jacoby Jones Bal - WR
Stevie Johnson SF - WR
Jeremy Ross Det - WR
Dwayne Bowe KC - WR
Odell Beckham Jr. NYG - WR

Martavis Bryant Pit - WR

Of the available FA's above here, I have to say I like JMatt in Philly and OBJ in NYG. I like what Smith is doing this year for the Ravens, I'm just not sure he will keep it up.

I dumped him for Lafell or a second D, can't recall. Lafell has been great for me but not so sure I would recommend him in a PPR.

3 man bench? Lol...what's the point ....guess that keeps it real "fun" for u guys

Ya I woulda dumped Allen awhile ago

All leagues are different, this one more so than the rest but whatever... I like it the format a lot, it keeps you active, you have to be on top of your team because there is no safety net. Plus, there is always someone to browse on the waiver every week and honestly it's kind of nice because anyone worth a crap isn't stuck on someone's bench all year. The WW is full of starters, we only have 12 teams, seems like the WW should be full of starters.

Anyways, thx for the post ;)

hmm... seems like a high scoring team with no run game would be a plus for any WR, so the Pats appear to be just that... they put 51 on CHI and barely broke 100 rushing as a team.. then 43 on DEN with their leading rusher gaining 33 for the game

of course PHI has shady who is an epic tier back and they pound a mean ground game... err... umm... resulting in shady having a current season avg of 3.7 yards a carry with two touchdowns for the year....... hmm... well with the dirty sanchez era underway, shady had 12 rushes for 19 yds and a TD... of course, the Eagles put 45 on CAR that day so, maybe they are all passing as well

well, aside from Edleman there really aren't many targets in NE, so maybe fishing the WR waters is a better risk since philly simply has more mouths to feed

in any case one thing seems certain, neither outfit is much of a running threat are they :P

PPR league 12 team and 6pt TD (only 3 bench so WW is fun and fairly deep)

With a catch average right at 10 yards and a whopping one touchdown on the year, KA is not really cutting it. In my head I see a killer WR, someone with huge upside, and a young receiver that should be posting big numbers since he's like 6-2, huge, and a solid target for a pass happy Rivers.

In reality, its just not happening.

The bolts appear to be swirling the drain, everyone but him is finding the end zone, and he is the lowest scorer on my FF team. To boot, the Chargers do not have what I would call a rosy FF post season look. Denver at home, then two road games at SF and KC. Sure, coming off the bye they get the Raiders and Rams, but past that its Ravens, Pats, Niners, Chefs then Donkeys.

Based on how they have played the last month, including the stomping at the hands of Miami, they are poised to funk their way thru the rest of the year, maybe even drop all three to end it and miss the post season. Division wise they would have to get past both the Chiefs and Broncos, they are already 0-2 there and thing's aren't looking up. If the fish can shut them out, what is going to happen in potential snow in KC or Denver...

So, is it time to throw Keenan from the train? Anyone want to stump for one of these guys, there is definitely gold in these hills....

Steve Smith Sr. Bal - WR

Brandon LaFell NE - WR

Larry Fitzgerald Ari - WR

Jordan Matthews Phi - WR

Eric Decker NYJ - WR

Reggie Wayne Ind - WR

Markus Wheaton Pit - WR

Andrew Hawkins Cle - WR

Malcom Floyd SD - WR

John Brown Ari - WR

Doug Baldwin Sea - WR

Eddie Royal SD - WR

Jacoby Jones Bal - WR

Stevie Johnson SF - WR

Jeremy Ross Det - WR

Dwayne Bowe KC - WR

Odell Beckham Jr. NYG - WR

Martavis Bryant Pit - WR

Of the available FA's above here, I have to say I like JMatt in Philly and OBJ in NYG. I like what Smith is doing this year for the Ravens, I'm just not sure he will keep it up.

With only 3 bench spots, there should be more WRs than that available, IMO, and you should have dropped Allen a while ago.

That being said, the guys in red are clearly better options (in my mind) over Allen going forward.

Vs Oakland this week, coming off the bye.

if not now, never.

Last time they played Oakland, it was Floyd who blew up. Something like 7 catches, 100 yards and a TD if I recall correctly. They used a Safety as a shadow on Allen and Floyd flat out lit them up.

:lol:

Good call on dumping Allen.

Did you dump McCoy after week 2 and Lacy after week 3?