Sign in to follow this  
Viking14

Playoffs

Two years in a row missed the playoffs, by a game. The amount of fantasy help data is really getting to be too much. I have loved this place for years. The forum has kept me here. I have always thought of this site as better than the rest, but I think the rest has caught up, except for this forum Really disappointed in the high ranking for SF defense the last two games. I thought SF had pretty much decided not to play, but the only pickup would have been the Vikes, I thought I would be too much of a homer if I did that-ouch.

Good luck in the playoffs-my first year in fantasy football was 1981. BASIC!!!!

Agreed. I have been playing FF since the days of hand calculated scores and mailed results as well. When you had to work to get "inside" information, the competitive advantage you could gain week-to-week and even in the draft was a lot greater than it is now. The playing field is certainly leveled and brought more luck into the FF equation, IMO.

Soooo, you guys a complaining about better, more informed competition? So you have to play teams from the power 5 and not FCS teams?

Darn!

:blink:

And as far as rankings, the team manager that bases decisions such as WDIS solely on rankings deserves what they get.

Soooo, you guys a complaining about better, more informed competition? So you have to play teams from the power 5 and not FCS teams?

Darn!

:blink:

And as far as rankings, the team manager that bases decisions such as WDIS solely on rankings deserves what they get.

My complaint is basically, when the information wasn't readily available, if you worked hard you got rewarded. Now the info is everywhere and there isn't as much of an advantage to putting in hard work.

A big time poker player once said "Any given hand can be 90% skill with 10% luck, or 90% luck with 10% skill."

I think thats a perfect comparison to fantasy football.

You can make an as educated guess as anyone but thats all it comes down to, a guess. 99% of us aren't as smart as we think we are unfortunately. If we were, we'd have jobs working for these teams as scouts or game planners or quality control, etc.

But, we're not, we play fantasy football.