Sign in to follow this  
svanerkel

What do we do with McCoy this week?

Somehow I weathered the storm and made it to the Championship game with McCoy has my RB1 all season. After two huge duds, I have no confidence in playing him this week against the Redskins' surprisingly strong rush defense (ESPN has them ranked 1st?). Seeing those 3 TDs get sniped last week pretty much confirms he will only get the 6 points if he breaks a long run from outside the red zone.

Are you guys rolling with your first round pick regardless of this terrible matchup, or is it wise to let him take a seat in the Championship game? Who are you starting over him? I have Hill (bad matchup vs Denver), Ingram (RBBC), and CJ Anderson (sure start) and I'm leaning towards sitting him.

I know you start your studs in the playoffs, but can he even be considered a stud anymore the fantasy sense? Doubtful to score a TD and the long runs haven't come this year. Hmmm....

In the same boat.

I have L. Bell as my RB1 & rolled with McCoy this past week with Hill on my bench.

McCoy only caught one pass last week & Philly usually brings in Sproles on passing plays. If that wasn't bad enough than they bring Polk in on the goal line?!?!

I'd rather go with the guy being featured & that is Hill. Being a Bengals fan I'm a bit biased but at least he's at home & will get the goal line touches.

Hill gets the nod this week unless someone can convince me otherwise but I highly doubt it.

Somehow I weathered the storm and made it to the Championship game with McCoy has my RB1 all season. After two huge duds, I have no confidence in playing him this week against the Redskins' surprisingly strong rush defense (ESPN has them ranked 1st?). Seeing those 3 TDs get sniped last week pretty much confirms he will only get the 6 points if he breaks a long run from outside the red zone.

Are you guys rolling with your first round pick regardless of this terrible matchup, or is it wise to let him take a seat in the Championship game? Who are you starting over him? I have Hill (bad matchup vs Denver), Ingram (RBBC), and CJ Anderson (sure start) and I'm leaning towards sitting him.

I know you start your studs in the playoffs, but can he even be considered a stud anymore the fantasy sense? Doubtful to score a TD and the long runs haven't come this year. Hmmm....

CJ

Ingram

Reports that McCoy didn't even get first team reps in practice today. Regardless of the reasoning, McCoy is moving closer and closer to my bench for this week.

I made it to the Championship Game with Shady, though I came to the realization that he's a #2 FF RB and not the elite #1 RB we all thought we were getting weeks ago.

He's a volume runner for the most part, but will get pulled at the goal-line for Polk.

If you have better options, by all means use them. Shady's still capable of a monster game, but he hasn't been the guy that led the NFL in rushing in 2013 (though he's still 4th in rushing).

Having said all of this, I'm still playing him.

Now that it's been confirmed that Polk is the goal line back and Sproles is the third down/passing down back, this week you can count on Shady to run for 150 on 25 carries and catch 8 for another 100, score 3 rushing TDs (2 from inside the 5) and 1 receiving TD.

• Like 2

I don't have shady in any of my leagues but I did a Saturday only fanduel league. Talk about crappy rb choices- McCoy is the best with alf in 2nd

• Like 1

I don't have shady in any of my leagues but I did a Saturday only fanduel league. Talk about crappy rb choices- McCoy is the best with alf in 2nd

I got into some of the Thurs-Sat only tourneys there and boy, that's some sh!tty choices. I may just cancel them all and sit those rounds out. :bench:

I hear you about sitting out but I do $1 entries and figured it would make Saturday slightly more interesting.