Guys who light up the preseason are getting a lot of their production against guys that are getting cut two days ago and into next week.

Guys who light up the preseason are getting a lot of their production against guys that are getting cut two days ago and into next week.

This is just way too broad of a statement. Zenner got a lot of work with the 1s this preseason. Some was against backups. He has good power. He looks to be a solid receiver and showed some wheels getting to the edge. Maybe it doesnt translate. The biggest part heren even if you think Zenners performance was inflated by inferior defensive play, who the hell has Joique impressed? He doesnt do a whole lot against 1s. Is Zenner that much worse of an option when the other option is mediocrity?

10. Who in the World is Zach Zenner?

Rising from the midst of Ameer Abdullah and Joique Bell this weekend was mighty rookie fullback,Zach Zenner.

RB or FB, he is irrelevant.

Do we seriously want to continue to mine articles looking for RB or FB next to Zenner's name? Because I'd win. He's a RB. That's how they're using him and it's how he runs.

Detroit drafted an actual FB in the 5th round this year, by the name of Michael Burton. Looks like he'll win the starting job, although he's getting pressured by Emil Igwenagu. Zenner has not once lined up as a blocking back thus far in the preseason. I've watched every down of every game.

Don't draft Zenner because he's white, or because he's low on the depth chart, or even because he might not even make the team, but not because he's a FB. Because he's not a FB.

Zenner ran with the first team offense in the third preseason game, fwiw.