Sign in to follow this  
GornFishin'

Champs or Chumps?

I wouldn't normally post a team/draft results to see if they are fapworthy or not, but this might be my best real draft in years. My final draft before we kick off.

Selecting in the 11 slot in 12 team 0.5 pt PPR with QB 3 WR 2 RB TE Flex DST K. Some yardage bonuses.

1, Julio Jones WR 1-11

2. CJ Anderson RB 2-2

3. Drew Brees QB 3-11

4..Melvin Gordon RB 4-2

5..Julian Edelman WR 5-11

6. Jarvis Landry WR 6-2

7. LeGarrette Blount RB 7-11

8. Gio Bernard RB 8-2.

9, Reuben Randle WR 9-11

10, Martavis Bryant WR 10-2

11. Torrey Smith WR 11-11

12. Heath Miller TE 12-2

13. Baltimore DST 13-11

14. Charles Clay TE 14-2

15. Justin Tucker K 15-11

16. Matt Jones RB. 16-2

QB D Brees

WR Julio Jones

WR J Edelman

WR J Landry

RB CJ Anderson

RB M Gordon

TE H Miller

Flex G Bernard/R Randle

DST Baltimore

K J Tucker

R Randle/G Bernard

LG Blount

M Bryant

T Smith

C Clay

Matt Jones

I think I'm a tier low with TE but once Gronk/Graham/Olsen/Kelce had gone to others I let that position go while I grabbed best on board. And Miller is getting some love while Bell is out.

I might stream out Baltimore for Week 1 but then ride them out. I will also have to stream a QB for Brees bye but its not until Wk 11.

No major bye week issues.

I really like the balance, the bench strength, the upside later for Bryant and Jones and think it's bound for glory - on paper. What do you think?

The only position I would be concerned with is RB. Anderson is a good back, but getting Hillman would have secured that spot. I don't know much about Melvin Gordon but watched a college highlight film of him and the 1 thing I noticed that I didn't like is that he has thin legs. In the NFL I think that might be an injury concern. I'm guessing Blount ends up your starter, but the New England RB situation is rarely consistent. Your WRs look solid and as we saw tonight Edelman is going to get alot more looks w/o LaFell in. Brees is a great QB and though I initially held a low outlook on him knowing he has a new group of WRs and no Graham, I changed my outlook when I realized their trade of Graham netted them an All-Pro center which should give him more time to make good throws (which will make it alot easier on his WRs). As far as TE goes, like you stated, there's no point reaching for 1 outside of 3/4 you named. After Gronk, Graham, and Olsen I think you could throw darts at a board and get equal production out of that position (I think you could throw Kelce into that mix as well). Overall it looks like you should have a pretty good contender. If you're lucky, the Hill owner has Hillman and you can swap Gio for him.

One other note, I don't pay attention to the byes as much as I used to this early in the season. I think the increased frequency of injuries have made that an often fruitless effort. It's often you'll have everything set and all your bye weeks covered when one of your guys goes down and everything changes.

Thanks.

Re Hillman. Yes once I had CJ he was in my plans to grab but he got taken (a round too early imo) before I could.

Brees - in all my time of playing FF, I've never had him but at #35 it felt about right. I'm a little higher on him that I was a few weeks ago too.

I think you drafted well. It looks similar to my draft with the same settings, minus yardage bonus. Good luck