Sign in to follow this  
loki993

Someone Dropped Ellington

Someone just dropped Ellington in my league. Its a PPR league, I drafted 6th and couldn't resist the first 2 picks of Brown and Julio, so I'm a little weak at RB. For RBs I have Lamar Miller, Ameer Abdoullah, Spiller, Blount, David Johnson, Lance Dunbar and I just picked up Matt Jones. As you can see Ive been grabbing anyone I can to try and see if someone hits. Id originally drafted Miller and Alfred Morris. I ended up having to drop Morris for Jones. Id be dropping Dunbar for Ellington, he had a bit of upside but Dallas is just a mess right now.

I would keep Dunbar and drop blount. He is too td dependent to be effective in ppr and Dunbar still should have a big role in the passing game in dallas, especially with Witten banged up and dez out.

The possibility crossed my mind that with a backup QB there may be more check down dump passes and Dunbar could definitely take advantage of that. On the flip side of the coin I could also see with a backup QB them keeping things fairly vanilla.....This guy is a pro though and he has been with the team..so in theory he should know the offense.

I think Dunbar will be really active. Witten should benefit the most when healthy, but he isn't. Dunbar should be used early and often. I just don't think Blount will have some big games, but will disappear. In a ppr world, a guy like Dunbar is more valuable as he will always get decent points and won't keep you guessing.

I think Dunbar will be really active. Witten should benefit the most when healthy, but he isn't. Dunbar should be used early and often. I just don't think Blount will have some big games, but will disappear. In a ppr world, a guy like Dunbar is more valuable as he will always get decent points and won't keep you guessing.

I'd drop either Dunbar or Blount for Ellington. I think if (and that's a bif if) Ellington can come back and be healthy, best case scenario he's gonna be in a heavy RBBC, but he'll still outperform Dunbar/Blount every week.

I'd drop either Dunbar or Blount for Ellington. I think if (and that's a bif if) Ellington can come back and be healthy, best case scenario he's gonna be in a heavy RBBC, but he'll still outperform Dunbar/Blount every week.

See if he doesn't come back healthy I have Johnson, D not C lol. Rolling the dice on who is going to have a big week is not the best case but Blunt and the Pats RBS are a dice roll too and an even more volatile one.

So yeah I have it set to Drop Blount and grab Ellington...now hopefully no one else in the league notices Ellington was dropped because Im like 8th in waiver priority....

Keep Blount. Drop Dunbar. With Lewis fumbling 2 straight games he is close to being benched. Blount can take over lead back duties and Dunbar is in a RBBC.

I drop Dunbar... for Ellington. Morris not sure he is worth a spot... I would drop Abdullah who hasn't done much as starter and you got RBC... but they don't run in that O.

David Johnson is a backup but with Ellington is a better handcuff. Someone likely gets Morris now. Why not do a 2 for 1 trade for Abdullah to J Bell owner? Upgrade a RB or WR use him as collateral.

Blount got like 7/69 snaps... so they are easing him in. I had experience with NE RBs... Bill hates ff... Ridley was benched for Grey (now cut), Bolden (who? exactly), White (huh) and a few weeks in they realized they messed up and got Blount. Dion fumbled in 2 games... he is "hot" but 1 more ff will be in dog house.

I don't mess with Ellington. D johnson steals carreis.. CJ is a near close of Ellington... and Ellington is fragile.

I would drop Dunbar for Morris... once Matt Jones is the lead back then drop Morris.. but Morris had a serviceable (from real football perspective) day last week--I think he was over 4 ypc (maybe 5?). He didn't suck. Jones just went off. I haven't read that Jones is the starter.. everyone is assuming.

FOr this week I think there's a good chance Jones does out-touch Morris.. since NYG are good vs run (#3 so far) and horrible vs the pass (#31 so Far).. so passing will be how WAS stays in the game and that means Jones since Morris can't catch apparenly (like 0 receptions the past 3 years).

GL!

Mine
http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=448714