Sign in to follow this  
sjm76

Drop Sankey and pick up Ryan Mathews?

With news coming out about Demarco Murray suffering a hamstring injury in practice today, I have been thinking about adding Ryan Mathews because hammy injuries tend to linger and cutting either Bishop Sankey or Ronnie Hillman from my team. Would you do this move?

My team is listed below.

QB - Ryan

RB - Hill, Miller, Abdullah, Sankey, Hillman, Dion Lewis

WR - Cooks, Landry, Adams, James Jones, T. Williams

TE - Reed

K - Hauschka

Def- Jets

Do you think that others will be after Mathews too? If you read the NFL headlines today there were A LOT of injuries being reported. The media isn't always good for their word, and teams never want to give the full story for strategy reasons. I just dropped Sankey in one of my leagues, but that was because someone else dropped Ellington and he will return in the next week or too. Unfortunately, it is too early to tell if Sankey will turn out to be who he was in week 1 or Week 2. If you can wait a day, and see what news comes out of tomorrow's Eagles practice, that would be my recommendation. If you don't think he'll still be there I would say to go ahead...your other running backs are as good or better than Sankey anyways. See mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=448638

will R Mathews be productive? I dunno. Running from the shotgun doesn't suit Murray's style or running... I don't know that it does Mathews eitehr as he's looked terrible too. Sproles might be the one to benefit the most... shifty and fast and can run out of the gun or catch it.. but if you take a flier it would be Sankey I drop too--but I'd want to wait and see if he's the week 1 player or week 2 player too.. PHI looks terrible.. not a good think to own a RB on a terrible team (WR and QB yes, not RB).

Mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=448714