Sign in to follow this  
dpbuddha

Trade Help. Will help in return!

I have done the calculations with Dave Richards' trade analyzer, but I'm not sure if I'm giving up too much. Here are our rosters...should I make the offer, do you think the other owner will go for it? It has to be a like-for-like trade (WR for WR, RB for RB, etc.). Also, we get double points for scoring in non-traditional ways for your position...so Newton gets double points for rushing TDs. (and WRs get double for rushing, RBs double for receiving, etc)

My roster

Rivers, Newton

Lynch, Forsett, Duke Johnson, T. Coleman

Demaryius, ODB, Cooks, A. Robinson

Olsen, Clay

K, K

D, D

His roster

Cutler, Romo

AP, Dion Lewis, Rawls, K. Davis

A. Brown, Tate, Boldin, Sanu

V. Davis, Cook

I think his QB needs an upgrade, I'd like to get some healthy guys in my WR and RB slots. He has Rawls already. Here is what I'm proposing...and again, this seems to add up using one of those trade analyzers:

I give Newton, Lynch, Demaryius, Clay

I get Romo, AP, A. Brown, Cook

Leave a link to yours.

I wouldn't do it. Its pretty even so I don't think you're upgrading much if any. Newtons double points for rushing is a huge advantage. See minehttp://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=449527&do=findComment&comment=5561186

At this point I'm actually starting Rivers. I feel like I can get rid of Newton and not really have any drop-off at QB, but adding AP and Brown will bump me up at those positions...?

Interesting scoring system. His getting Cam helps obviously but getting AP for Lynch and swapping DT for A.Brown doesn't seem like much of significant change, and those WRs are dependant on their QBs being effective. I have more hope for Brown with Big Ben coming back than for Manning turning DT into an elite WR this year. The trade is in your favor, so it's not bad, just not a slam dunk.

Try the trade. I don't think he bites though because you are getting the advantage of the deal at the wr and rb positions.

I think this hurts your team until Ben comes back. I would wait one more week, so you don't have to suffer starting brown with Vick at the helm.