Sign in to follow this  
rvolpe21

matt fortes backup?

i keep hearing rumors he might be traded so I was thinking of maybe picking up his backup and holding him for a few weeks

Not a bad idea to stash Langford. Contract extension talks unfortunately are non existent. GM Pace could easily move him for a 2nd R pick before the approaching trade deadline. (after wk 8).

Yeah I agree it's a good move if you have the room .

Weepaws you really think he'll move before ROS? I'm stashing Langford for next year, but these contract extensions can come out of nowhere. Especially for home town hero vets like Forte. With the way he's playing if he takes any kind of discount the Bears may keep him.

Weepaws you really think he'll move before ROS? I'm stashing Langford for next year, but these contract extensions can come out of nowhere. Especially for home town hero vets like Forte. With the way he's playing if he takes any kind of discount the Bears may keep him.

No . But they did give Langford some work and he did get a td so I think in case of a injury he would be worth a pick up if you have the room .

Jeremy Langford saw 15 snaps on offense yesterday (19%). Unless and until Forte gets moved, he's a waste of a roster spot on a re-draft team