Sign in to follow this  
NJDMO

Going to trade Yeldon or Martin. Will Answers Yours!

I'm 6-1 and have been offered a trade. I'm trying to decide whether to trade away Yeldon or Doug Martin? I would be getting Calvin Johnson in return. We start 2RBs, 3WRs, no flex. Standard scoring. Currently I have:

RB: L.Miller, Martin, Yeldon, Dion Lewis and Lacy

WR: Hopkins, Dez, Martavis, John Brown

Although nothing is guaranteed, I should finish in the top four and make the playoffs. Martin has a better schedule when you look at the whole season but Yeldon has amazing week 15 and 16 match ups or he could totally go off. Hopefully Lacy and Miller will be my go to backs with Lewis as my back up so it won't really matter. But of course I'm overthinking it for this trade.

Leave a link and I will answer yours. Thanks!

John brown link:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9649/john-brown

This updated a couple minutes after I posted my question, but before said there is a good probability that he is rested for two weeks as Arizona's bye week is the week after.

Thought 1:

As to this question I think you are stacked the way you are and don't even need the trade. I like to hold onto as many rb's as possible so that if one goes down I am not stressing about it. I also like the idea of flexing a rb rather than a wr. It's tough to say but I think Calvin could hurt you. He doesn't usually finish the season healthy.

Thought 2:

Calvin for D. Martin

No way I'd do that. You need the RB more than another WR. You're fine at WR.

When and if lacy decides to not be fat and slow then you'll have a surplus at RB.

Sorry but I wouldn't do it.

Thank you for your reply.

• Like 1

I would do Yeldon maybe but not Martin. Martin is quietly the 7th best in APG, 5th best over all RB in the league. He should be your #1 back especially after last night with L Miller and dolphins reverting to pre-two games ago form.

I'm not one of the "Lacy is a cold weather beast ROS" guys, so I think your faith there is misguided. I think martin and lewis should be your starters and you can afford to lose yeldon for CJ.

Personally I would site tight, you have nice depth at RB and serviceable WR's. I'm a megatron owner and happy to be but he makes me nervous. Detroit is just horrible and now that billy joe bob cooter or whatever the fok is charge it's a complete unknown.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=450079