Sign in to follow this  
erikthebassist

Should I drop Wilson for Bortles? also, start Olsen or Cobb?

I'm streaming fitz this week and plan to run out the year with Tmobile after that, but wilson is who I drafted. I wanted to hold him a little longer to see if the Hawks O'line ever pulls it together, but I'm itching to dump him since someone just dropped bortles. He seems like better insurance to me against the somewhat risky commitment to Tmobile.

You'd think I'd drop starks or darkwa for him instead but those are my two risk / reward plays atm and I like to always have a couple of those.

I'm 4-3, only two teams ahead of me, 10 team. We start 1qb, 2 rb and 4 wr/te

Roster other than qb's:

L Bell

D Lewis

Yeldon

Darkwa

Starks

D Williams

Megatron

Edelman

A Robinson (Combo pts)

Diggs

Cobb

Olsen

Clay

My other dilemma is whether to start Olsen or Cobb

Olsen seems to know when I bench or start him because he shits himself when I start him and goes off when I bench him, but GB is playing denver, Car plays Indy on Monday night.

Leave a link I'll help

il ike olsen over cobb this week to be honest. he's the only option in carolina and cobb is playing tough defense in denver this week.

as for bortles i would pick him up seems like he's having a really good year and it should continue but just not this week against the jets, dropping ills for him idk if id do. id drop darkwa or just wait till next week and drop fitz for him off waivers

il ike olsen over cobb this week to be honest. he's the only option in carolina and cobb is playing tough defense in denver this week.

as for bortles i would pick him up seems like he's having a really good year and it should continue but just not this week against the jets, dropping ills for him idk if id do. id drop darkwa or just wait till next week and drop fitz for him off waivers

He wouldn't last until next week. I committed to it and pulled the trigger, Wilson just doesn't have the ceiling, Floor is relatively low but he's just not going to throw 3 touchdowns and get 300 yards this year. Even if he does, between bortles, tmobile and fitz I think I'm good for the year, he won't out perform any of those three. Worst case I might have given someone else a gift who is desperate at QB.

Thx for mine.

I'd go Olson over Cobb.

Pull the trigger on Bortles.

I'd dump Darkwa and keep Starks since I see him taking over later in the season.

I think you made the right move picking up Bortles. Wilson's stats are heavily dependent on the run and trading away their all pro center for a receiving TE they use to block was bad judgement imo (maybe it was cost related/age related).

I would start Cobb over Olsen. Denver's D has been playing extremely well but haven't faced an elite QB like Rodgers. They have given up only 1 receiving TD all year to Mike Wallace and gave up 117yds receiving to Travis Benjamin their last time out. I prefer starting a "stud" WR over a "stud" TE, regardless of the matchup. I could be wrong.

• Like 1

I think you made the right move picking up Bortles. Wilson's stats are heavily dependent on the run and trading away their all pro center for a receiving TE they use to block was bad judgement imo (maybe it was cost related/age related).

I would start Cobb over Olsen. Denver's D has been playing extremely well but haven't faced an elite QB like Rodgers. They have given up only 1 receiving TD all year to Mike Wallace and gave up 117yds receiving to Travis Benjamin their last time out. I prefer starting a "stud" WR over a "stud" TE, regardless of the matchup. I could be wrong.

Yeah I gotta believe Cobb not being on the injury report this week is a good thing and that his last three weeks were due to that shoulder. He's gotta bounce back. Plus Olsen tends to excel in their tougher matchups and is super boom or bust. I already have a good week going with Lewis and Edelman, I'm playing the guy that has freeman, rogers and AP.

He's number in total score I'm number 2, we're both 4-3. I gotta hope if rogers does score it's to Cobb, and that the vikes go to the air so diggs outperforms AP. It's going to be an interesting Sunday.

Olson over Cobb. Even if his shoulder is better he plays a very tough D.

If you can stream Fitz, I would dump Wilson and grab Bortles. Heck if you can stream Fitz you could probably drop all but one QB and just stream it each week based on matchups and do better than Wilson would do.

Mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=450098

I would start Olaen over Cobb because of the match up as well as the fact Green Bay has so many receivers. I have Rogers as well as the Denver defense, so I am in quite a dilemma! I actually am starting Rogers and benching Denver for the Jets. Denver is good, but Rodgers is elite. I agree with the other poster - Cleveland moved the ball against Denver and GB had a bye week to game plan.

Also, I would stay away from the NYG backfield. It will be a committee. OC there said they wouldn't have a feature back because they all have special teams responsibilities so can't commit to running one into the ground. Thanks for mine.