Sign in to follow this  
montana

ARob visits Revis Island this week

Revis scared me away, damn, and I just traded for him. Putting him in and never looking at my WR1 slot again...

Revis wasn't on him the whole game thankfully, he got 50 yards against Revis, 70+ against others. Youtube search:

Allen Robinson's Amazing Leaping 44-Yard Grab! | Jaguars vs. Jets | NFL

you'll see they had Revis in zone who sneakily let Robinson run past him to bait Bortles to throw it right to the safety who had Robinson completely blanketed, the design worked, but the ball just suctioned into Robinson's hands like some sort of Madden glitch. Welcome to matchup-proof city youngblood!

thanks, good info :doublethumbsup:

Apparently, Revis had a really good game actually. Against ARob alone, only 2 of 7 passes thrown to ARob in his coverage were completed, 2 were defensed with one leading to an INT Revis created. My guess is that if your offense has multiple good WRs, most shutdown corners won't stay on the same #1 guy more than 70% of the snaps assuming you move him around the formation a little bit. It's only if you're OBJ or Julio and are your team's only threat that a shutdown corner will probably shadow you 90%+ of the game I'm guessing. My guys have Revis as the #3 CB this year, but, thankfully, Revis' job is to do what the coach tells him and play good defense, not dash the hopes of fantasy owners. LOL.