Sign in to follow this  
erikthebassist

New Type of league: Start Sit

I have this idea bouncing around in my head, maybe you guys can help flesh it out.

It would be a daily format.

All "top x" from here on out would be based on average fantasy points per game, not overall totals, and we would eliminate players from the list who are on IR,out or doubtful as of game time thursday, and obviously on bye.

So Lets say we take the top 10 QB's, top 10 RB's, top 20 WR's and the top 10 TE's. (50 players total)

We make that 50 player list and each owner runs the list and ticks off "start" or "sit".

For each start that scores 10+ they get a point. 15 points they get 3, 20+ they get 10.

For each "sit" if the player gets less than 12, 1 point, less than 7, 3 points, 5 or less is 10 pts.

This is born of these forums because we spend SOOOOOOOO much time talking about who to start and who to sit.

Any thoughts? Feel free to tell me this focking stupid if that's what you think. It's just an idea, I've had lots of ideas, most of them are ######.

Kinda like something I heard ESPN do. Each position has different pts barriers to break or u lose. I think if you start someone and they bust you should get negative points. Also I am too lazy to start or sit 50 players so after 1-2 weeks I would probably quit.

Kinda like something I heard ESPN do. Each position has different pts barriers to break or u lose. I think if you start someone and they bust you should get negative points. Also I am too lazy to start or sit 50 players so after 1-2 weeks I would probably quit.

ok cut those totals in half and up the point totals...

Top 5 QB's, top 5 RB's, top 10 WR and top 3 TE's. 23 players

start points: 12+ 1 pt, 17+ 3 pts, 23+ 10pts, less than 12 = -1 pt, less than 7 = -5 pts, less than 3 = -10 pts

Sit points: It takes balls to sit a top 5 (10 for wr) so it's make or break: If they get 15 or more you fail, -10 pts. If they get less than 10 you get 10 points. In between is zero points.

Better?

This isn't a bad idea the best thing is u can fit as many ppl u want in. Say 25 ppl at $100. Then have the weekly winner $50.

That would leave $1650 in the kitty for top three at the end of the year. 900 for 1st. $500 for 2nd. $250 for 3rd

• Like 1

This isn't a bad idea the best thing is u can fit as many ppl u want in. Say 25 ppl at $100. Then have the weekly winner $50.

That would leave $1650 in the kitty for top three at the end of the year. 900 for 1st. $500 for 2nd. $250 for 3rd

finding 25 people that want to throw down $100 on something experimental might be tough but I like the way you are thinking.

finding 25 people that want to throw down $100 on something experimental might be tough but I like the way you are thinking.

That was just a number I threw out there,lol. But the point remains you wouldn't have to have any set number to make this viable. Be it 7 ppl or 40. This could work for an office or factory setting.

There is an "league" at work that they called 33, where u pick each game and guess the final score on Monday night game for the tie breaker. You also pick a team at the start of the season and if your team gets 33 you win a side pot that grows until a team hits 33.