Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyUtah007

Who is the RB handcuff in Oakland?

Yeah, I know it would probably be a crappy committee of Taiwan, Helu and Reece if Murray were to go down, but humor me anyway. Which would be most likely to put up the best numbers in standard scoring? Raiders website lists Taiwan as the 2, and he's done a lot more than Helu this year with virtually the same amount of touches. But Helu seems like a better rb in the past. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Yeah, I know it would probably be a crappy committee of Taiwan, Helu and Reece if Murray were to go down, but humor me anyway. Which would be most likely to put up the best numbers in standard scoring? Raiders website lists Taiwan as the 2, and he's done a lot more than Helu this year with virtually the same amount of touches. But Helu seems like a better rb in the past. Thoughts?

Can't help but feel the early pre-season injury to Helu has just been a killer to his development in Oakland. At this point the coaches are very high on Taiwan Jones in backup role. But if Slats went down my take is Helu gets that gig.

Its a toss-up really. Im leaning towards Jones for now though, and heres why: Jones would probably have never been converted to CB/ SP Teams in the first place, had he not had issues with holding onto the ball. During this offseason, Jones bulked the hell up @ an extra 25 lbs+ of chiseled beef. Now the only questions were 1) can he hold onto the ball, and 2) will he still be fast? I think so far he has shown that the speed and cutting ability are indeed still there, and until he shows the added bulked isnt going to help him hold onto the ball, what weve seen so far from him has earned him the back-up role.

Id be all over over Marcel Reece like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Marcel Reese has been a great mystery. Fans love him and all he does is make plays. But the team seems determined to utilize him as primarily an H Back.