Sign in to follow this  
handbanana

Can V Davis slow down A Rob?

I'm playing against A Rob AND Hurns this week. Hoping for a Hurculean effort from the Colts D in a pivotal game for playoffs. I also may start Gore, so I guess I'm the biggest non-Indy Indy fan in America this week!

Go Colts! Oh except for Moncrief, playing against him too!

No but keep praying he has a bad game, thats all you can do. Anything can happen, but Davis is not a shutdown corner despite being a great player.

No he can't. Any other questions?

Yes actually. If you had to choose between A-Rob and Yeldon in this game who would you go with? Standard scoring with 5 point bonus for a 100 yards.

If Robinson played for Dallas or the Packers people would give him more props than he gets being on jax...

Davis did "slow him down" the first meeting where ar15 only had 4 catches for 80 yards...

I'm thinking Robinson has watched other wrs do well vs Davis this year and doesn't want to be labeled as any less of a wideout than they are so he should be motivated to at least have a pretty good game like 5 for 124 and a td..maybe 2 tds..

Signed - A hopeful Robinson owner...

I"d take Robinson over Yeldon. The only concern I'd have if I were a Robinson owner is the terrible Colts offense with their new unwatchable playcalling. Chud + Pagano = terrible. I'm more tired of the stupid, STUPID Indy media (and stupid national media/announcers) spewing nonsense about Pep, Chud, etc. Anyway, some press ACTUALLY called Chud out *somewhat* this week for, e.g., not involving the team's biggest playmakers, keeping Allen in to block (that guy can catch passes just fine, in fact), etc.

Anyway, Jax doesn't seem afraid to throw the ball, even from 1 yard out. If Jax is smart (they're probably not), then Julius would have a big game against those LBs. Bortles would have to play poorly to not torch the Colts.

Regarding Vontae, he has reverted back to his normal level of play this year - he's not anything like the stud we saw last year. Also, he doesn't shadow WRs. I think, because of the enormous drop-off after VD, and the even larger one after Toler (according to the depth chart), that Manusky moves VD around so that the opposing QB can't just play catch with his number 2 WR. Pitt, as usual, showed everyone what happens with the Colts D faces a QB who can read the field AND has weapons. If Bortles has improved significantly in that regard since their last matchup (Bortles is the caliber of QB that this defense can stymie enough, at least when they last met), then I'm sorry for the OP's team.

But is there a chance? Yes. This team has a great DC, and they play hard for their misguided HC and terrible new OC.