Sign in to follow this  
tmorriso

Unusual Draft Buddy Behavior

I've used Draft Buddy for years, but not while tracking a live draft. I want to use it this year and it will work, but I am seeing some odd behavior in the spreadsheet. When I click the Draft Player button, it processes the selection, but the page rearranges itself. See the image linked below (I can't embed the image apparently). The top image is before I press the Draft Player button; the bottom image is after I press it. The buttons change position and the FFtoday and Draft Buddy graphics are now blocking the player list. The buttons still work and if I select a different tab and then go back, everything is in place again. This happens on all the pages with the Draft Player button.

It will work as it is, but in the middle of a draft I would prefer not to deal with it. I am running Excel 2013 on Windows 10. I tried Excel 2013 on Windows 7 with the same result.

https://s18.postimg.org/6okr7qxex/DB_Problem.jpg

I think this is a screen refresh issue. Normally when you draft a player it copies the player to the draft report tab. We arent supposed to see it because the screen should freeze and do it in the background. Something not working quite right on your system however.

Do you have a lot of other things open at the same time as Excel with Draft Buddy that might be taking up memory, causing the computer to run a little slow?

Same result, different computers and different monitors?

Yes, the same result on different computers with completely different hardware, including display adapters and monitors. I will check if I still have a computer with Office 2010 around. My son's PC is new and pretty high end. I'll try it on his.

I just ran it on my laptop and it worked as expected. That is Excel 2016/Windows 10, but there is common factor between the two desktop computers I tried earlier. Both are running the monitors off displayport while the laptop outputs to an hdmi connection. This isn't the first issue that displayport has caused. Since the laptop is what I will be using for my draft on Tuesday I am good to go and you don't need to follow up.

Thanks.

I have this problem on two computers, one running windows 7, the other Windows 10. Both using Office/Excel 2013.

It happens only after compiling the cheatsheet from the "5. action" tab. It goes to about 25% CPU usage and 2300 MB memory, and never returns lower. It doesn't happen all, the time, but most of the time. Even happens on 2015 version of Draft Buddy.

Work around after a cheatshet compile is to:

• save Draft Buddy workbook & exit Excel
  • check task manager and you may need "end task" on excel
  • restart Draft Buddy workbook

Is there a better fix?

Rob