Sign in to follow this  
Burt

Rodgers/Rawls for Peterson/Bortles?

10 team, 5 player keeper league (keep max of 3 times); start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1Flex

I give Peterson, Bortles and my 1st round pick next year for Rodgers, Rawls and his 7th rounder next year.

Current roster is:

QB Bortles

RB David Johnson, Peterson, Lacy (cant keep next year), Foster, Michael, Powell

WR Moncrief, Decker, Diggs, J Brown, Parker, Lockett (lost Allen to the IR)

Obviously, I'd counter for something other than his 7th rounder (like a 3rd-5th rounder) if I were to act on this, but am I crazy for even considering it?

Not a chance I would do that. A top RB has more value than a top QB, and you're giving up the better draft pick. Using your RB depth to upgrade at WR is more of a need for you than QB.

No.

I don't even know how this improves your team.

Sure Rodgers > Bortles, but Bortles is looking like he could be a consistent fantasy threat.

That being said, Peterson is more valuable compared to Rawls than Rodgers is to Bortles.

I know you have Michael, but it's not like Rawls is the clear every down back and you'd have his insurance; even though Rawls is the starter, it's going to be a timeshare.

Peterson is the Vikings' bellcow.

Throwing in a 1st for a 7th (or any other pick other than his 1st) is ludicrous.

I agree with one of the other posters -- if you need to shore up any position, it's WR.