Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - WR Amara Darboh, Seahawks

While he is nowhere near the physical specimen of former Super Bowl star Chris Matthews, one can't help but wonder if Seattle is hoping the 6-2, 214-pound Darboh can give the offense the same kind of contribution, albeit more consistently. Darboh comes from a pro-style offense with Michigan and simply does what he is supposed to on just about every play, which helped him outperform more highly regarded teammate Jehu Chesson. Unfortunately, he doesn't stand out in any one particular area, so he'll have to get by on being a jack of all trades in the NFL. He's likely to be more of a special-teams contributor for the foreseeable future than fantasy contributor.

I was initially confused by this (WR) pick, until I learned that he is apparently an excellent blocker - which is a prime requisite for any Seahawks wide receiver. (makes a lot of sense, when you consider the lack of an O-line). Of course that skill does not exactly rack up fantasy points, either.

But hey! Frank Clark insists that, "Darboh built like Hulk Hogan and run like a horse! Jesus we got a baller!", so maybe he's someone to keep an eye on. We'll see, I guess.

I get wanting a good blocking receiver, but he should also be good at receiving. I don't get this pick.

It lets us release Jermaine Kearse and save ourselves 3 mil a year.

Baldwin is Mr consistency.

Lockett and Richardson gives us the electric home run ability.

Darboh and Mcevoy are the tall, red zone, do everything type recievers with upside.

If you add in recieving tight ends in Graham and Willson. It's actually a good, unselfish group that works out well for the Seahawks.

Just need Cable to work his magic and keep Wilson upright.

It lets us release Jermaine Kearse and save ourselves 3 mil a year.

Baldwin is Mr consistency.

Lockett and Richardson gives us the electric home run ability.

Darboh and Mcevoy are the tall, red zone, do everything type recievers with upside.

If you add in recieving tight ends in Graham and Willson. It's actually a good, unselfish group that works out well for the Seahawks.

Just need Cable to work his magic and keep Wilson upright.

For a 6th or 7th round pick. Hell yeah. For a 3rd rounder? It makes zero sense to me.

IMO I think he could be our best pick. :(

I like the kid. Ran somewhere near 4.4 and over 6'1 or so. He can make every catch and looks to be a good route runner from all the tape I've seen. Seems like he can even get deep. Good to great hands. He's got huge potential to grow too.

Played against pretty good college talented schools.

Put it this way: He crushed our 3rd round Corner we drafted and made him look silly slow for I think 2 TD's or at least one bomb and a ton of catches. And that corner ran 4.35 at combine.

But, I'm not sold on that corner sadly. Can't believe Hawks passed on all the good ones.

Anyway, I like this WR who does block well. He will easily replace J. Kearse someday soon.

F.F. don't bother, but for our team this was a good pick IMO. One of few.

The corner we drafted on the other hand - UGH. We'll see. His speed better pan out cause this guy torched him.

I like the kid. Ran somewhere near 4.4 and over 6'1 or so. He can make every catch and looks to be a good route runner from all the tape I've seen. Seems like he can even get deep. Good to great hands. He's got huge potential to grow too.

Put it this way: He crushed our 3rd round Corner we drafted and made him look silly slow for I think 2 TD's or at least one bomb and a ton of catches. And that corner ran 4.35 at combine.

But, I'm not sold on that corner sadly. Can't believe Hawks passed on all the good ones.

Anyway, I like this WR who does block well. He will easily replace J. Kearse someday soon.

The corner we drafted on the other hand - UGH. We'll see. His speed better pan out cause this guy torched him.

Good to hear - except for the CB part. :thumbsup:

If he replaces Kearse, so much the better.

We'll see what happens. The one thing I'll never question Pete Carroll on is the secondary. He'll make a weird game call. He'll let someone else make a bone headed call. Of course he whiffs on draft picks and free agents like everyone does. Sometimes I do wish he would have a tighter reign on the troops.

But the dude has been a secondary coach for the last 30 years, and a good one to boot. If he likes a guy. I'm not gonna spend one second second guessing him.

We'll see what happens.

For some reason I quoted that whole thing together.

I don't know how to work this damn thing!