Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Draft Buddy 2017 - Projections Updated 9/4

Alright, let's do this!

Get your Draft Buddy for 2017 here

The Draft Buddy is Excel-based fantasy football draft manager that we've offered at FFToday for the last 17 years! It allows you to create customized cheatsheets for all your leagues and keeps track of your draft on Draft Day.

-- Purchase Info --

You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Please make sure you are logged in with your FF Today Account BEFORE you make your purchase. It will make the purchase process much easier for you.

As we've done in the past our Early Bird Price is $12.95. EARLY-BIRD SPECIAL ENDS SUNDAY, 7/31. Your purchase will entitle you to product updates through the start of the regular season (9/10) and get you one free entry into our $2500 DB Survivor Contest. The Survivor Contest will open later this summer.

-- Login Help --

If you have any trouble logging in after your purchase to download the Draft Buddy, please send us an email and we will assist you ASAP.

-- DB System Requirements --

The DB program requires a version of Microsoft Excel in order to function. The benefit of Excel is that Draft Buddy is both Windows and Mac compatible, with one exception - Microsoft lost their heads a few years ago and stripped out vital code making the DB incompatible with Mac Office 2008. The good news is, the DB does work with all other versions of Mac Office, including Mac Office 2011.

-- Product Support --

Mike MacGregor and Mike Krueger will be offering tech support here at this board or you can send us an email if you have any questions. We will be happy to help!

-- Projection Updates --

Here's our tentative schedule for projection updates. Unscheduled updates will occur as needed for injuries, player movement, etc. Rest assured, we'll be on top of everything.

6/6 - Initial release
6/15 - Done
6/29 - Done
7/6 - Done
7/13 - Done (a little early)
7/20 - Done
7/27 - Done
8/3 - Done

8/7 - Done (unscheduled; Cutler - Enunwa - Boldin)

8/10 - Done

8/11 - Done (unscheduled; Zeke - Watkins - J. Matthews)
8/17 - Done
8/24 - Done

8/25 - Done (unscheduled; Edelman - Ware)

8/27 - Done (unscheduled, Ware/Hunt, Meredith)
8/31 - Done
9/4 - Done!

Once you download the DB, you don't need to download a new copy to get the updates. Simply....

1. Open up the Draft Buddy
2. Click the "action" tab
3. Click the "Update Projections" button
4. Enjoy!

We welcome your feedback on the 2017 version of Draft Buddy in this thread but if you have specific problem or question please start a new thread and we'll be able to respond in a more timely manner. Thanks and happy drafting!

MK

Our first projection update is ready. It includes Maclin joining the Ravens, knocking Perriman down a bit, Cam Meredith and Gio Bernard down a bit due to injury. Andre Ellington moved from WR back to RB.

We also uploaded a version 1.1 of Draft Buddy. This version includes a couple of background fixes from version 1.0 that primarily impact Office 365 users for both Windows and Mac.

Not a full projection update, as the next one is scheduled next week, but if you click "Update Projections" in Draft Buddy you will get updated depth chart and ADP. It was bugging me Eric Decker wasn't on the Titans in DB. Have a good weekend!

6/29 update is ready. Offense projection changes include Jets and Titans WR shuffle (Eric Decker), Bengals RBs, Chiefs WRs, and a few others. We moved a few player IDP positions, most interesting Melvin Ingram from LB to DE. Now, resume drafting!

7/6 update is done! Not a lot of changes with not a lot of news. From MK: Minor depth chart changes. Dropped Dorial Green-Beckham, slight movement for the New England RBs, Abdullah, Peterson, Miami WRs, and Chargers-D.

I realized tonight the player notes were misaligned with some players - mostly RBs - so if you already updated but notice, for example, a Paul Perkins comment with Ezekiel Elliott, try hitting Update Projections again now.

An perhaps unprecedented early update (maybe not, that a lot of updates over the years), but regardless the 7/13 update is done late afternoon on 7/12, which works out nicely since MK has an important meeting and I have a late soccer game tonight.

Notes from MK on the changes in this slow news time before things start to ramp up soon: A few IDP player notes added, adjustments for Mariota, Carr, Crowell, Tyrell Williams, Ebron and a few others.

Update is ready. Dropped Zeke one spot to No. 3 RB. Stay out of trouble please! :nono: Others adjustments for Newton, Kelvin Benjamin, Chargers WRs (rookie Mike Williams injury), and Zach Miller.

Training camps are barely underway and the news is coming in fast - none of it good. Projections, ADP and depth chart update is done with main adjustments to Ravens RBs and Andrew Luck. Use the action tab and Update Projections.

8/3 update - most of the movement occurs lower in the rankings for the RBs and WRs including Houston WRs, New York Giants WRs, Minnesota RBs, Tampa Bay RBs. Slight bumps for Dalvin Cook and Christian McCaffrey. Now finally time for some football!

Posted an unscheduled update just now with all of the injury news hitting us. Projections updated for Tannehill-Cutler, Jets loss of Quincy Enunwa, and Bills signing Anquan Boldin.

Not a ton of changes since the 8/7 update, but still, projections (plus notes), ADP and depth charts all updated!

Was there some news in the NFL today? Oh baby!

A day after the regular update we need a pretty darn important unscheduled update. Zeke gets 6 games and drops way down in the projections. Hey, a good time to utilize the new feature in Draft Buddy 2.0 is import the FF Today rankings directly on the offense and overall tabs to see how far MK dropped Zeke in his personal rankings.

Also, Sammy Watkins gets shipped off to LA to join the Rams. Jordan Matthews moves from Philly to Buffalo. And all of the other changes for the Cowboys, Rams, Bills, Eagles as a result of today's news reflected in the update.

8/17 update is ready. A lot of minor tweaks with no new major news since Zeke - Sammy day.

Down: Andrew Luck, Marshawn Lynch, Eddie Lacy, Kareem Hunt, Samaje Perine, Dez Bryant.

Up: Austin Hooper, Kenny Golladay, Thomas Rawls, Dalvin Cook, Rob Kelley.

8/24 update is ready! In time for the biggest drafting weekend of the year (pretty sure... unscientific best guess). If I didn't have so much kids' soccer this weekend I would sign up for some online drafts myself. In fact, I am going to sign up for some FFPC, NFFC, Scout FFWC and TFC leagues for whenever I can fit them in the calendar the next couple weeks.

Anyway, enough of that. Projections, rankings, depth and ADP all updated. Here are MK's notes on the projections changes:

QBs - Updates for JAX (Bortles/Henne) and CLE (Kizer/Osweiler). Bumped Luck down a bit.

RBs - Dalvin Cook continues to climb and is becoming the only 2nd Round RB I'm excited about. Perkins, Gillislee, Forte get a nudge down.

WRs - Slight adjustments for Landry/Parker, Cam Meredith, Zay Jones, Cooper Kupp/Robert Woods. Boldin dropped.

TEs - Starting to buy into Hooper a bit. Slight bump up for Charles Clay.

Various player notes updated.

Good luck in your drafts!

Well that didn't take long. Even though we are still waiting on some word, given we are in heavy draft times and the significance, we did an initial update for the Edelman and Ware injuries earlier tonight. From MK:

Update for Julian Edelman / Pats receivers plus changes for Spencer Ware and Kareem Hunt.

I won't drop Edelman until we get official word it's an ACL injury, but he's down at the bottom of the WR ranks.

It sounds like Ware may have escaped ACL injury, but MCL, PCL, meniscus are still in play. MRI tomorrow.

Another day, more injury news, so another update needed. I've moved Kareem Hunt up to RB15 in my RB rankings as a high-end RB2.

Moved Cam Meredith down, but not out of the projections until we get confirmation of his knee injury which is likely an ACL. Do Not Draft!

Draft Buddy > Action tab > Update Projections.

End of August! 8/31 update is done. Changes:

Dropped Andrew Luck (shoulder) a few spots, along with Eddie Lacy, Frank Gore. Added SF RB Matt Breida.

Slight bumps for Keenan Allen, DeVante Parker, Kevin White, Kendall Wright and Evan Engram.

Hi Mike,

Any idea on what time the update will be up tomorrow? My draft is at 10AM and I'm trying to figure out if I should do all of the latest cut-downs today manually.

Thanks,

Rob

I haven't talked to him but I imagine MK is working on it as we speak so I can do it late tonight, so it is ready first thing in the morning. Problem is if anything else significant happens (which does happen sometimes) then it could push us back. Keep on top of the news (cuts) for now but hope for the best you don't have to make any changes to DB and we'll have it ready before 10:00am. We will see if MK chimes in here too.

• Like 1

Update is ready. For the most part this a big depth chart change with all the cuts and roster moves over the weekend. Also a big clean-out of the riff-raff near the bottom of the rankings.

Player Adds -
K Ka'imi Fairbairn, HOU
K Younghoe Koo, LAC

Noteworthy movement up - QB Brian Hoyer, C.J. Beathard, RB Matt Breida, RB Tarik Cohen, RB James Conner, RB Kerwynn Williams, WR Ted Ginn Jr. TE Ben Koyack.

Noteworthy movement down or dropped from rankings - WR Willie Snead, WR Phillip Dorsett, RB Chris Johnson, RB Jeremy Langford, RB Joe Williams, RB Jonathan Williams, RB Tim Hightower.