Sign in to follow this  
mtrat

Keepers not loading properly (manually)

I have been attempting to enter keepers manually for a league. I am able to enter keepers in the keeper tab, using the original manual entry process with the drop down menu entries for each position being kept. However, the draft cheatsheet and ranking sheets do not update by removing the players (graying out), and the kept players are not being indicated on the roster worksheets.

I have compiled the cheat sheets before entering keepers with the reset keeper function set to "yes". I then enter keepers, and they are not registered. If I re-compile with the reset keeper function set to "no", there is no difference.

I am running on Win10, with Excel 2013.

TIA for any help you can give.

Do the keepers cost a draft pick yes or no? If yes, then you also need to select the draft pick given up in the yellow cell to the right of where you select the position and player name. Sometimes people think it is the cell to the left, but it isn't. If you look closely at the team headings and the lines between them, it goes Pos, Player, [Team], [bye], Draft Pick.

This will copy the player to the draft report tab beside the pick given up.

OR, you can input the players directly on the draft report tab. Some people, myself included even, find this easier. In this scenario you want to set both reset keepers and reset draft picks to no, otherwise you will lose those inputs when you Compile Cheatsheets again.

If keepers do not cost a draft pick, then make sure both reset keepers and reset draft picks are yes, Compile Cheatsheets. Do you have a draft report tab? Now when you input a player, position then name, they should be removed from the cheatsheets and add to the rosters straight away. If not, then let me know and we'll figure it out.

Well, duh...I feel like a dork! :doh:

Both of those tips solved the problem I was having. Drafting tonight, and trying to guess who is keeping who so I can get a handle on things.

Thanks for the help - I love the tool! Now I just have to see if I can use it effectively to draft a decent team :doublethumbsup: