Sign in to follow this  
Chachacha

Tight end problems

Full point ppr league I waited way to long to get a tight end. I ended up with Brate and wondering if I should stick with him or get someone else. Next best TEs are Julius Thomas, Antonio Gates, CJ Fiedorowicz, Hooper, Njoku. Thinking about going Gates what you guys think. Thanks

Same situation where I picked up Julius Thomas real late. Luckily Brate was on waivers so I picked him up. I now have to flip a coin to see who to start. I am as interested as you on this question.

I just loaded on WRs and Rbs and simply forgot. It is going to suck making this decision each week. I may have to trade for like a Hunter Henry or something like that where a team has 1 really good tight end (Jimmy Graham) and an above average tight end like Henry who is expendable .

I mean really you're just taking a shot in the dark with any of those TE.

I like Hooper or Brate FWIW. Gates isn't a terrible choice but I think he's pretty TD dependent in PPR.

I think I'd go with Hooper on that list. Good offense and advanced statistics say he could be a monster (though he likely won't). Probably has the most upside of that group.

Put the names on a dart board and pick the one you hit

TEs at this point are anyone's guess, you're pretty much playing TD roulette with most of them any way

I'd pick up Hooper or Thomas and then play either them or Brate based on matchups and watch who emerges as the season goes on.

I think among Brate, Hooper or Thomas one of them will do well enough to be a TE1 so if you keep 2 rostered good chance you will be OK.

I have Hooper and Fleener, but Brate is still available.

I don't normally carry 2 TE's, but waited late to draft one and now paying the price with this uncertainty week to week.

With Snead out for 3 weeks, I like Fleener to get a few more looks and therefore, hesitate to drop him now.

Thoughts?

The other notable free agents are Gates, Engram, Cook, Clay and Fiedorowicz,

This week I'm rolling with Gates. Im hoping for a touch down, I think he will get it. Rivers loves to look for him in the end zone