Sign in to follow this  
Gipaldo

First time ever I feel I really flopped on my draft...thoughts?

12 team, .5 PPR. I drafted from the #12 spot and didn't feel good about it at all. Did countless mocks, trying different strategies and never liked a team. I felt like in order to get a player I wanted, I had to get lucky and have them fall (which didn't really happen), or really reach, since so many picks in between mine.

I've been in this particular league for over 10yrs and won the league 3 times, made the playoffs every year. This is the first time I think I'm behind the curve going into the season.

Is it as bad as I think?

1QB 2RB 2WR 1FLEX 1TE 1K 1DST

Draft Results:

12-A.J. Green, Cin WR

13-Michael Thomas, NO WR

36-Isaiah Crowell, Cle RB

37-Bilal Powell, NYJ RB

60-Theo Riddick, Det RB

61-Jamison Crowder, Wsh WR

84-Jameis Winston, TB QB

85-Eric Decker, Ten WR

108-Tyrell Williams, LAC WR

109-Martellus Bennett, GB TE

132-Chris Thompson, Wsh RB

133-John Brown, Ari WR

156-Shane Vereen, NYG RB

157-Bengals D/ST D/ST

180-Matt Breida, SF RB

181-Caleb Sturgis, Phi K

Good job.

It's not bad, but your rb situation is scary with no depth. I think I'd feel a little bit better if it were a full point per reception as I think you reached a bit on Powell and Riddick. Work the waivers or try to trade to shore up that position and you'll be fine.

Seems like Powell and Riddick may have been chosen a little early, but not a bad team at all -- really like your WR group for PPR, and I like Crowell and Powell a lot at RB

I have Winston as well, and I have talked to others about this ... we're not totally convinced about the hype, even though we want it to be true. I also have Crowell. His floor is solid. Your wideouts are studs. I don't like the Riddick/Powell picks, that's probably where a hiccup occurred. Your team is solid with breakout potential, just be active on the RB waiver wire and hope your first after major injury.