Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Tampa Bay Bucs scamming the courts

Too long to cut and paste. But basically, the bucs got caught trying to keep it a secret that they're trying to do scan BP out of millions of dollars for the deep water thing.

The judge kick their ass on the privacy part. Now normally I'd be all for BP getting screwed. But what the hell? The bucs stadium is landlocked for Christ's sake.

Honestly, I hope the courts flip the script on these guys and BP sue them for fraudulent litigation.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tampa-bay-buccaneers-dp-deepwater-horizon-oil-spill-damages-001457350.html

Aren't they owned by some shady Foreigner anyway?

You know they're doing dirty when they tried so desperately to keep it quiet. Legitimate victims would be trying to gain as much momentum from the public as possible.

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Too long to cut and paste. But basically, the bucs got caught trying to keep it a secret that they're trying to do scan BP out of millions of dollars for the deep water thing.

The judge kick their ass on the privacy part. Now normally I'd be all for BP getting screwed. But what the hell? The bucs stadium is landlocked for Christ's sake.

Honestly, I hope the courts flip the script on these guys and BP sue them for fraudulent litigation.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tampa-bay-buccaneers-dp-deepwater-horizon-oil-spill-damages-001457350.html

You know they're doing dirty when they tried so desperately to keep it quiet. Legitimate victims would be trying to gain as much momentum from the public as possible.

I think the Jags are the one owned by the foreigner.

2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I think the Jags are the one owned by the foreigner.

Prolly so. Okay. Still shady as hell.

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I'm certainly not one to defend the Bucs' owners... well, Brian and Joel anyway (they're both dumb asses).  I liked Malcolm (who's from NY - not a foreigner).  That said, I'm not sure what has your panties in a bunch.  We don't know anything about the case yet.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm certainly not one to defend the Bucs' owners... well, Brian and Joel anyway (they're both dumb asses).  I liked Malcolm (who's from NY - not a foreigner).  That said, I'm not sure what has your panties in a bunch.  We don't know anything about the case yet.

And if it were up to the bucs, we never would.

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

And if it were up to the bucs, we never would.

Probably.  But what if it comes out that they Bucs are owed millions by BP and competitively they're at a real disadvantage because their numbers are out there but no one else's is?  You're ok with a company getting unfairly screwed just because some other company was trying to screw them?  In my opinion, it should have been kept quiet until the final ruling on the case.  Meaning, the judge should have said something like "upon final judgement, all court documents must be made public if the plaintiff loses".  At that point, it's up to the Glazers to push for the case or not based on the possibility of losing.