Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

Geek Club NFL Draft Talk

19 hours ago, Big Guy said:

I agree with you for the most part, I've rarely understood why they do what they do. I do see something special in both Pollard & Weber though. But I didn't see a need for a TE with Witten back, and the 2 young pups......plus, isn't Swaim coming back as well?

CRUZER......I NEED a new Dallas Cowboys forum, so if you know of any good ones please share.

Swain is no longer with us, he signed with Jax...... As far as need - maybe we don't have an immediate need as far as filling the position. But TE has become a position of strength, a weapon in the passing game. You really gonna count on Witten (who turns 37 next week) to be a threat? Or Jarwain Blake, maybe Schultz? Not me... And given that most of the time this QB can't hit the broadside of a barn - it would be nice to have and a legit pass catching TE (who can get open) on roster.

Taking 2 RBs - in theory, yes - it's a good idea. Getting Zeke a back up and some rest is smart thinking......... My problem - it's a BS theory. We have heard over and over again how the powers that be plan to spell Zeke, get him rest. Yet, he still gets 95% of the touches - he plays the entire game. Time and time again we've seen Zeke in there, late 4th, game over - playing till the end. This team has no more shown they plan to rest Zeke than they do plan to fire Garrett... Look at this chart, total RB touches for 2018.. Zeke is not only tops on the list, but he is by a mile...... To take not 1, but 2, RBs to watch Zeke play all the time? Makes no sense.  https://www.lineups.com/nfl/player-stats/running-back-rb-touches

• Like 1

Witten should be fine.......but I expect ZERO YAC's lol. I also like Jarwin & Shultz. Were there any TE's in this year's draft that were absolutes? Also, Rod Smith didn't step up to the plate when given the opportunities imo, and Zeke wanted the ball. I say run him till he can't run no more. 

I know they're not perfect by any means, but I've seen lots of improvement and am gonna ride the wave. 

4 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Witten should be fine.......but I expect ZERO YAC's lol. I also like Jarwin & Shultz. Were there any TE's in this year's draft that were absolutes? Also, Rod Smith didn't step up to the plate when given the opportunities imo, and Zeke wanted the ball. I say run him till he can't run no more. 

I know they're not perfect by any means, but I've seen lots of improvement and am gonna ride the wave. 

Oh I agree - the talent on this team has vastly improved over the past couple of years. And I don't think it's a coincidence that all this has happened with the emergence of Will McClay. I'd say 75% of this rebuild is credited to him, 25% to Stephen.

That being said - Red Garrett is still the HC and Jerry plans to resign Dak to a long term deal......... As long as those 2 elements are part of the equation - this will only ever be a "nice" team.

• Like 1