zftcg

Billy Volek Award nominees (for playoff studs)

6 minutes ago, rotisserieking said:

Drake and Perriman for me with Perriman starring in the true Drew Bennett out of nowhere role.

Same here. Drake came to my roster as a throw-in when I traded Chris Carson in Week 2 for Odell Beckham. Last week he blew up and I decided to start him hoping to catch lightning in a bottle a second time, and Drake came through. Love the Drake!

I picked up Perriman to keep him off my opponent's roster but kept him on the bench. I was a little chagrined that I didn't start him when he put up that great performance (7/102) on Saturday, but my other two waiver wire receivers (Parker and Boyd) bested his performance on Sunday, so all's good!

I may have jumped the gun. Aaron Jones meets all of the criteria I laid out in my previous post. Plus, I bet anyone who won a championship on his late TD will never forget that moment. What a way to close out the fantasy season!

On 12/23/2019 at 8:38 AM, zftcg said:

OK, here are the top 0.5 PPR playoff performers at each position:

• QB: Lamar, Brees, Winston, Fitz, Tannehill
  • WR: Thomas, AJ Brown, Parker, A-Rob, Hopkins
  • RB: CMac, Barkley, Zeke, Sanders, Drake
  • TE: Cook, Kittle, Higbee, Ertz, Kelce

Now I'm going to apply my totally subjective criteria to narrow this list down:

• Eliminate anyone who put up a stinker game in the playoffs, because that's the kind of thing that can cost you a championship (Winston, Fitz, Parker, A-Rob, Hopkins, Zeke, Sanders)
  • Eliminate anyone who was consistently productive, but never had that breakout "Destroyer of Worlds" type game (Tannehill, Thomas). These guys can definitely contribute to you winning a championship, but they're rarely the reason you did it.
  • Eliminate the "Too Little, Too Late" all-stars. Yes, they came through in the playoffs, but either they were a top pick whose underperformance all season meant you were already eliminated (Saquon), or their breakout was so out-of-the-blue you didn't even know to start them until it was too late (Drake)
  • Eliminate all the TEs because, again, their level of production is only enough to contribute to a championship, not win one.

That leaves us with Lamar, Brees and CMac. Two of those are obvious names who have been getting it done all season, but -- and again, this is my totally subjective opinion -- I'm going to give it to Brees. He started off the playoffs by going nuclear against SF in what was supposed to be a tough match-up, then had the MNF love fest when he broke the record, then finished off with one more solid outing that included a mostly garbage-time drive where he was force-feeding Thomas to get him his own record. I just feel like anyone who started Brees during this run will look back on those moments fondly. Plus, in my main money league, the Brees owner started him over Winston and beat the team with Lamar.

Anyway, that's my pick. Who is yours?

Drake is the answer. Not sure why you’re eliminating him for coming out of nowhere as I understood that was exactly the kind of player we were talking about :dunno:

7 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Drake is the answer. Not sure why you’re eliminating him for coming out of nowhere as I understood that was exactly the kind of player we were talking about :dunno:

My logic was that some people might have missed out on his 4 TD game because he hadn't been start-worthy prior to that. Also, I didn't mean for it to only be obscure guys. But like I said, it was my totally invented criteria; you can define it however you want and declare whoever you want the winner.

15 minutes ago, zftcg said:

My logic was that some people might have missed out on his 4 TD game because he hadn't been start-worthy prior to that. Also, I didn't mean for it to only be obscure guys. But like I said, it was my totally invented criteria; you can define it however you want and declare whoever you want the winner.

He was start worthy from the moment he went to AZ. 

13 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He was start worthy from the moment he went to AZ. 

He had a big night in his first game with the Cards, and then over the next four games he cleared 40 rushing yards only once. If you saw that Week 15 explosion coming, more power to you. No idea what his start percentage was that week, but I'm guessing it was pretty low.