Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - WR Jerry Jeudy, Broncos

Draft Profile

A player I comped favorably to Antonio Brown and Stefon Diggs, Jeudy is one of the most complete receiver prospects I have evaluated since the loaded 2014 draft class. The ease with which Jeudy gets his defender out of position, avoids a jam and creates quick separation is remarkable. There may not be a receiver prospect in the last five or so years who gets open faster or creates more separation in the first second or two after the snap than he does. Receivers with his quickness and polish who are also seemingly administering a graduate-level course in creating separation while still in college are extremely rare. 

Jeudy is a bit on the slight side and suffers from the occasional focus drop, but most of the current holes in his game are more mysteries than concerns. Press coverage could be a concern as well given his size (6' 1"/193), but SEC corners rarely could even get a jam on him. Even in a draft that boasts so much receiver talent, Jeudy is a cut above the rest. Even though Courtland Sutton has emerged as a quality lead receiver in this league, the Alabama product figures to push him right away. Jeudy is a near-lock to start opposite Sutton and move into the slot, and it would be far from surprising if he isn't the No. 1 option in the passing game by 2021.

What does it mean in redraft? Sutton's presence probably means Jeudy won't be able to become an immediate fantasy starter in 12-team leagues that start three receivers, but it's also not out of the realm of possibility he isn't a better option than Sutton by the end of the year. At the moment, I would bet that he will finish as a top 30 receiver in PPR formats as a rookie.

What does it mean for dynasty? It's too early to say where he will stack up at receiver in rookie drafts yet, but it is highly likely he should go inside the top five picks. (Will update again after the draft is completed.)

As a football fan, I would have liked to see Denver get Lamb, but as a Chiefs fan, I'm glad they didn't.

Still, with the Broncos going 4-1 with Lock under center at the end of 2019 (beating playoff team Houston and losing only to the eventual Super Bowl champion Chiefs)--and adding Melvin Gordon in free agency--the Broncos' offense definitely got the piece they needed to give the AFC West all it can handle in 2020.

Great landing spot for him.