Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

SkiBum

3 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

I cannot find my previous posts on the pebble mine. Although I know I have made a few. I support both mining and fishing and I think that a modified proposal for pebble mine should be approved.

Most people do not understand the mining process. I have worked at 3 mines before going into oil and gas, my brother is an engineering manager at a mine and my dad manages multiple mines. I am confident in stating I have spent more time hunting and fishing reclaimed mine land than anyone else at the geek club. The effects of mining are greatly misunderstood by the general public. Reclaimed mine land is better for the native species than the original land was to begin with.

Mining in general is not bad, however Trump was right to deny the permit as it stood.The proposal had them building the worlds largest earthen dam on top of a fault line, which should raise concern. They need to revisit that permit and change how they will store the waste water. The mine plan is fine, but they need to revise their plan on storing their waste water so that it cannot possibly effect the fisheries.

I hope to see the pebble mine go forward some day, however they need to revisit their plan.

"edit" I did not read any recent article related to pebble mine, and I only barely read the first couple sentences in your article. In the past 10 years I have read many articles about pebble mine and have formed an opinion. If the facts have changed I apologize, my opinion may change in the future.

"edit 2" I am really surprised I did not find my previous posts. I am the geek club expert when it comes to mining, and in the top 5 when it comes to fishing. This topic is in the venn diagram of my interests.

Pm down?