Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

What Is Your Claim To Fame ?

I invented the snow board.    Circa the late 70s/early 80s.    I cut the nose rope off of my snurfer. drilled a couple of holes in it and mounted a couple of foot straps to it.     Rode great at the local sledding hill.    Friends and people would come up and be like; "what the heck is that???"   

Alas, I never did anything with that and it was up to someone else to make it commercially and start a worldwide trend.   Too bad I was too young and too stupid to realize what I had.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Masshole said:

I invented the snow board.    Circa the late 70s/early 80s.    I cut the nose rope off of my snurfer. drilled a couple of holes in it and mounted a couple of foot straps to it.     Rode great at the local sledding hill.    Friends and people would come up and be like; "what the heck is that???"   

Alas, I never did anything with that and it was up to someone else to make it commercially and start a worldwide trend.   Too bad I was too young and too stupid to realize what I had.    

I have a similar story.  I invented bottled water.

1988, playing basketball at a park on a hot summer day.  The only thing available was soda from a vending machine.  I told my friends how it would be an awesome idea if you could also get a can of cold water from the machine instead of soda.  Both guys told me how stupid the idea was.  Imagine.  

Happens to be the only idea I’ve ever had which makes it even more frustrating.

• Like 1