Torn

2022 Keeper Sheet and Declarations - DONE

Here is a link to the updated Keeper Sheet for the 2022 season. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W-WOzdAlbT8ad9GSys8qUllByJ7ha_O91jQrINPQNu8/edit?usp=sharing

This shows your final roster from last season. All eligible keepers have had their round value increased by 3 per standard rules. The "Keeper Yrs Used" column indicates the amount of years already kept on top of draft year. If the number is 2, this is the final year you can keep the player. Any players with a blank in the "Keeper Rd" column are ineligible as keepers. Also remember that you do not need to keep 5, that's just the maximum and keeping fewer or none is also an option. 

The Keeper Value column represents the round of the draft you will need to give up to retain the player. 

Please declare your keepers in this thread and be sure to mark them as tentative or final. The deadline for keeper declaration will be Wednesday, March 23 by 6PM ET. 

If you have not finalized keepers by that time, your tentative list will be used. If more than 5 are on the tentative list, the first 5 will be used. If no keeper list has been defined, no-one will be kept. 

PLEASE HOLD OFF ON POSTING TRADES UNTIL AFTER KEEPERS ARE FINALIZED (WITH THE ONE EXCEPTION NOTED BELOW) ! TIME IS TOO TIGHT FOR ME TO BE DEALING WITH KEEPERS MOVING AROUND ON THE DRAFT BOARD AT THE SAME TIME POSITIONING TRADES ARE OCCURRING. IT WAS DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO DECIPHER LAST SEASON - CAN'T DEAL WITH THAT AGAIN.

You CAN trade excess keepers for simple pre-draft pick swaps. That I can handle. "I'll give you John Smith and my 20th for your 15th" kind of stuff only. Save anything that doesn't involve trading an excess keeper candidate until later. Do NOT post trades for players you plan to keep yet! I will reject them out of hand. We will open up positioning trades as soon as the initial sheet is online and it is easier to see where keepers lie within rounds.

2 Balls keepers

Luis Patino 25

Wil Myers 20

Akil Badoo 19

Fernando Tatis 17

Wander Franco 16

Buehler - 16

Cron - 21

Soler - 21 (20)

Means - 22

T Hernandez - 4

Devers - 5

Ohtani (Batter) - 9

Witt, Jr - 11

E. Jimenez - 12

M. Kopech - 12

These are now FINAL:

Pete Alonso 10 He has been kept ONE year already

Austin Riley 13

Tarik Skubal 22

Kevin Gausman 6

Byron Buxton 7

Tentative

Sale 13th

Tucker 13th

Justin Verlander 16th

Robbie Ray 24th

Logan Gilbert 27th

Also under consideration 

Severino 15th 

Will get down to 5 by deadline. 

Probably: 

Shohei Ohtani (Pitcher), 15 (kept one year so far)

Jorge Polanco, 20

DJ LeMahieu, 18 (kept one year so far)

Maybe:

Tyler Mahle, 12

Raimel Tapia, 22

Avisail Garcia, 25 (I think there was an error on the Keeper Sheet, as he was marked as unkeepable, but he was drafted by Varga last year at 28.01)

I'll hopefully finalize before next week...

Keepers

Adley Rutschman - 20

Spencer Torkelson - 23

Blake Treinen - 19

Kyle Schwarber - 12

Frankie Montas - 8

Proxy Keeper List for Godfather:

S. Perez - C  - 7

F. Peralta - SP - 12

T. Anderson - SS  - 8

K. Wong - 2B - 26

Don;t know what rounds those four are, so I will leave it up to Torn to put in their rounds.