Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Sunday Night MLB Network

Documentary-  Donnie Baseball. My man. People will never understand the love Yankee fans have for a guy who never won a WS. He was all we had for a few years there, when Steinbrenner was at his worst. The 95 wild card was just great baseball and Donnie hung with the best. Damn that Mariners team was good those five games. Couldn’t put them away.  Should be a good show. 

That 95 series vs Seattle was awesome baseball. Agree with you there 100%

2 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

That 95 series vs Seattle was awesome baseball. Agree with you there 100%

I was at games 1+2. I actually waited on line at the Yankee stadium box office. Seems like a different world. 

1 minute ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

If there's no mention of Howie Spira, it's a fail. 

and fock Winfield. 

Donnie had nothing to do with that. I liked Winfield. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Donnie had nothing to do with that. I liked Winfield. 

didn't say he did, but if it's covering Mattingly's career, it can't be ignored as a pretty huge sidelight, seeing as how it was what got Steingrabber iced. 

:dunno:

10 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

didn't say he did, but if it's covering Mattingly's career, it can't be ignored as a pretty huge sidelight, seeing as how it was what got Steingrabber iced. 

:dunno:

Eh, I’m sure it will be mentioned in passing. I’ll bet more time is spent on their batting title race in 1984 that came down to the last at bat. That 84 Yankee team was pretty good, but the Tigers were a juggernaut that year. The 84 Tigers were a fun team. Lots of gamers. I rooted for them even though Nettles was a Padre. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Eh, I’m sure it will be mentioned in passing. I’ll bet more time is spent on their batting title race in 1984 that came down to the last at bat. That 84 Yankee team was pretty good, but the Tigers were a juggernaut that year. The 84 Tigers were a fun team. Lots of gamers. I rooted for them even though Nettles was a Padre. 

Didn't Winfield sit that last game out to protect his lead ... or something to that effect?

Just now, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Didn't Winfield sit that last game out to protect his lead ... or something to that effect?

Nope. He came in with the lead, got two hits but Mattingly got three. It was Boggs who sat out in 86 I’m pretty sure.