Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

Grand Rapids isn't Buffalo NY, but we did get a lot of snow over 3 days, a couple of tenths shy of 2 feet.  Took a bit of time to get the snowblower working, cause when I put it away last year, I folded it up and the control cables became disconnected, but eventually it ran and cleaned the driveway and sidewalk.  It was real wet and heavy snow too-not a lot of fun. The city was relatively prepared though.  Came home from the airport Thursday night, and it took about 15 more minutes than usual, mostly cause some drivers were being overly cautious. Even my side street got cleaned within a day(might be a record).  And to top off the weekend, the Badgers won in the last minute in Nebraska to extend their bowl streak to 21 years---think that's 2nd or 3rd best in the nation.  

On this day in 1976 "Rocky" directed by John G. Avildsen and starring Sylvester Stallone premieres in New York (Best Picture 1977).  Basically the same story would premiere 7 or 8 more times, in case you missed the first one.

Every geek, have a great short holiday week.

I already know that I'm in for a sh*tty week.

I have plane tickets to arrive in Florida for December 15th. To my surprise, the school district that I want to work at has already gone on Thanksgiving holiday. They've do so without formally offering the jobs to my wife and I, which makes me incredibly nervous. It means I'll be spending the holiday filling out forms to other school districts in the vicinity. At least I have all the necessary paperwork gathered together already.

This move is a major pain as is, and cause for worry even if everything goes smoothly. It's not like I don't also have a dozen other things on my mind about for when I arrive. This should have been taken care of long ago.

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I already know that I'm in for a sh*tty week.

I have plane tickets to arrive in Florida for December 15th. To my surprise, the school district that I want to work at has already gone on Thanksgiving holiday. They've do so without formally offering the jobs to my wife and I, which makes me incredibly nervous. It means I'll be spending the holiday filling out forms to other school districts in the vicinity. At least I have all the necessary paperwork gathered together already.

This move is a major pain as is, and cause for worry even if everything goes smoothly. It's not like I don't also have a dozen other things on my mind about for when I arrive. This should have been taken care of long ago.

Good luck dealing with Florida bureaucracy. Have a friend who has been spending a nightmarish amount of times jumping through all the hoops in that state just to get to the right people.  

Fingers crossed.