Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Do I take this trade or no ?

1/2 pt ppr league. 10 team league

I get 4 guys: Kamara, Jamaal Williams, Jeudy, D.London. 

I give up 2 guys: Dobbins and Ridley

the two bench guys I'd have to drop to make the trade work are Z.White and K.Hunt 

in this league, you start 2 RB, 2 WR, and two Flex spots (RB/WR/TE) 

My Team:

RBs: CMC, Etienne, Mattison, Dobbins, Gainwell/Penny, Z.White, Hunt

WRs: Lamb, G.Wilson, Olave, Ridley, S.Moore  

I think Hunt ends up playing for the Vikings or the Colts, probably a starter or a RBBC , I think Z White has the Raiders rb1 job if Jacobs keeps sitting out.  I would not take that deal.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I think Hunt ends up playing for the Vikings or the Colts, probably a starter or a RBBC , I think Z White has the Raiders rb1 job if Jacobs keeps sitting out.  I would not take that deal.  

gotcha. well what if I wasn't dropping those two guys. What if I was dropping garbage to make that trade. Would you say go for it or not? 

Yea good question, I would still say no,  I like Dobbins, he’s healthy, back on the team so he should be happy, I think he should be online for a very good season,  I like Ridley, I want a couple of players from that team.  I would keep them all. 

Good luck. 

16 hours ago, bfros said:

I get 4 guys: Kamara, Jamaal Williams, Jeudy, D.London. 

I give up 2 guys: Dobbins and Ridley

the two bench guys I'd have to drop to make the trade work are Z.White and K.Hunt 

in this league, you start 2 RB, 2 WR, and two Flex spots (RB/WR/TE) 

My Team:

RBs: CMC, Etienne, Mattison, Dobbins, Gainwell/Penny, Z.White, Hunt

WRs: Lamb, G.Wilson, Olave, Ridley, S.Moore  

the first thing I say is you should NEVER look at a deal like this as 2 player for 4.   Simply because you still need to drop 2 to make roster space.

so I'm happy to see you mention you would have to drop White and Hunt.

--------------------------------------------------------------

That said.

Kamara and Dobbins are close to a wash.   Kamara is the bigger name but I like Dobbins about as much as him

Kamara is worth slightly more in redraft but less in keeper/dynasty

Ridley had a huge season in 2020 and was having a meh season in 2021 when he took time off for what I think was mental health reasons.   This is tough to evaluate his value due to time off and the mental health thing.   There is an awful lot of pressure on NFL players to produce.   it sounds like he had a lot of incidents that led to this.   so some of the triggering incidents are likely gone.  But you could be giving up a top 10 WR. 

Jeudy I actually think will have a good season.  I think the coaching change will be good for him. Granted Jeudy in the new offense could also be a top 10 WR but more likely he is a top 15 WR.   so this is reasonably close.   early reports are that Ridley has looked like a #1 WR at times in camp.   but even with the time off its not a given hes a #1 all year long.   

I'd say the two players are roughly equal in value and I've flip flopped back and forth on who I like better.  Ridley has the better upside I think But Jeudy is likely a 1000 yard WR in the new offense (in my opinion) so hes not chump change.

once again I'd say in keeper/dynasty I'd take Jeudy who is only 24 over Ridley who is 28 (I think)  in redraft its close to a wash.

Jamal Williams is a throw in but I view him as being better than Zamir White.  a lot better.    but White does have value if Jacobs holds out.   I saw an interview with the Raiders GM who looked really sure he would get Jacobs onto the field.

Drake London is gonna be a good WR for a long time.   crappy QB this year will hinder him some. but he could put up WR3 numbers for you this year.

Bottom line:

in a keeper/dynasty I'd do the deal but instead of dropping Hunt I'd look at dropping Gainwell or Penny (who apparently has looked like he may get cut from the eagles due to poor play)

Hunt has starting potential even if he is not on a team today.   Eagles RB's are likely a committee with Swift as the leader while his health lasts (which admittedly may not last long)

if you are in a Dynasty league I do this deal.

Keeper league it would depend on how many you actually keep but I'd probably do the deal there too.

Redraft- it is close.  I'd probably still do it but if you are not thrilled with your defense or your kicker, I'd drop one of them instead of Gainwell or Penny and wait until you know the result of the Philly camp battle.   then drop one of them to pick up the defense or kicker you dropped.   I recommend you dont drop Hunt.  

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

the first thing I say is you should NEVER look at a deal like this as 2 player for 4.   Simply because you still need to drop 2 to make roster space.

so I'm happy to see you mention you would have to drop White and Hunt.

--------------------------------------------------------------

That said.

Kamara and Dobbins are close to a wash.   Kamara is the bigger name but I like Dobbins about as much as him

Kamara is worth slightly more in redraft but less in keeper/dynasty

Ridley had a huge season in 2020 and was having a meh season in 2021 when he took time off for what I think was mental health reasons.   This is tough to evaluate his value due to time off and the mental health thing.   There is an awful lot of pressure on NFL players to produce.   it sounds like he had a lot of incidents that led to this.   so some of the triggering incidents are likely gone.  But you could be giving up a top 10 WR. 

Jeudy I actually think will have a good season.  I think the coaching change will be good for him. Granted Jeudy in the new offense could also be a top 10 WR but more likely he is a top 15 WR.   so this is reasonably close.   early reports are that Ridley has looked like a #1 WR at times in camp.   but even with the time off its not a given hes a #1 all year long.   

I'd say the two players are roughly equal in value and I've flip flopped back and forth on who I like better.  Ridley has the better upside I think But Jeudy is likely a 1000 yard WR in the new offense (in my opinion) so hes not chump change.

once again I'd say in keeper/dynasty I'd take Jeudy who is only 24 over Ridley who is 28 (I think)  in redraft its close to a wash.

Jamal Williams is a throw in but I view him as being better than Zamir White.  a lot better.    but White does have value if Jacobs holds out.   I saw an interview with the Raiders GM who looked really sure he would get Jacobs onto the field.

Drake London is gonna be a good WR for a long time.   crappy QB this year will hinder him some. but he could put up WR3 numbers for you this year.

Bottom line:

in a keeper/dynasty I'd do the deal but instead of dropping Hunt I'd look at dropping Gainwell or Penny (who apparently has looked like he may get cut from the eagles due to poor play)

Hunt has starting potential even if he is not on a team today.   Eagles RB's are likely a committee with Swift as the leader while his health lasts (which admittedly may not last long)

if you are in a Dynasty league I do this deal.

Keeper league it would depend on how many you actually keep but I'd probably do the deal there too.

Redraft- it is close.  I'd probably still do it but if you are not thrilled with your defense or your kicker, I'd drop one of them instead of Gainwell or Penny and wait until you know the result of the Philly camp battle.   then drop one of them to pick up the defense or kicker you dropped.   I recommend you dont drop Hunt.  

Thanks! I appreciate all the insight and I generally agree. This isn't a redraft or keeper or dynasty league. Just a plain old seasonal league.