Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

Question for peeps in Yahoo Leagues

A buddy of mine is in a league with his son, his son's buddies and dads.  It is run via Yahoo.  He asked me a question the other day.

Can the Commissioner see .. "pending" waiver-wire transactions BEFORE they process?  I was busy at work, so I didn't get the particulars / "why."  My guess is that he wanted Player X, and he was outbid by the Commissioner by $1 or $5, or a small amount.  Or - Player X was a "deep dive" player and thought to be off everyone's radar, and again - my buddy got out-bid for him.

I'm the commissioner. We don't have $$ bids so I'm not sure I'm much help. I cannot see any waiver wire transaction that I'm aware of. I've never tried to look though haha 

2 hours ago, Bills04 said:

A buddy of mine is in a league with his son, his son's buddies and dads.  It is run via Yahoo.  He asked me a question the other day.

Can the Commissioner see .. "pending" waiver-wire transactions BEFORE they process?  I was busy at work, so I didn't get the particulars / "why."  My guess is that he wanted Player X, and he was outbid by the Commissioner by $1 or $5, or a small amount.  Or - Player X was a "deep dive" player and thought to be off everyone's radar, and again - my buddy got out-bid for him.

No, I've been a Yahoo commish for 20 years. Definitely can't see pending waiver claims/FAB bids.

4 hours ago, tecklc2112 said:

No, I've been a Yahoo commish for 20 years. Definitely can't see pending waiver claims/FAB bids.

This is correct.